Thread: Dealer mistakes...again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealer mistakes...again

I know we have had a number of threads on the topic of dealer mistakes. I had a minor situation that came up recently at one local place. Dealer made a mistake, paid my 20, which involved an ace against his 20. He hesitated and looked at my cards for a long second, paid me and then moved on. I left the payment there for an extra second and then picked it up. He begins to deal the next round and when he gets to me (second player) says that was a push, I shouldn't have paid you. I said "oh was it". He didn't call pit over or attempt to rectify the situation, we just moved on, but he did glare at me with disapproval. Three short hands later, I had a 18 while he drew a 17 and he picked up my wager. Of course I stopped him, pointing out that my hand was a winner. Of course a smart-ass comment followed, about how I managed to catch that one.

Now, two things about this incident. He is a pretty experienced dealer and I feel like the second mistake where he took my winning wager was no mistake, and I don't like that. The second issue is that as I stated, he seems to be looking down at me now, which I could care less about, except for the fact that this is a regular place on my rotation and I play with him fairly regularly. He seems pretty familiar with my game and I have played with him enough that I would guess he knows what I am about and have never had any issues with him. He deals a decent game, with one of the better cuts at this place. I am a little worried from his re-action that his attitude may change as it seems like he is taking this incident, personally.

So, it brings me back to this topic discussed a number of times. I mean, on the one hand it's not my job to point out his mistakes that are in my favor. And actually if you do so, you can end up drawing more negative attention to the dealer, so in a way, I was doing him a favor.

Thoughts or comments?
    Last edited by KJ; 03-24-2013 at 09:03 PM.