Thread: CVCX question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX question

Upper right default widget “Expected Results”. If I make the win probability 50%, it gives me -1507 to 3143. I think this means that half the time my results will be in this range and half the time outside of this range. Yes? Does this also mean I have an equal chance of winning 3143 as I do losing 1507? I understand where the numbers come from, just stuck in my mind on how to interpret it. Thanks

Blog Entries

Yes and yes, assuming that you stick to the betting ramp. Statistically, the three default settings are for 1, 2, and 3 standard deviations.

From the Help:

Expected Results
    You specify the number of hours you will play and three probabilities and the range of your results are calculated for each probability. For example, if you specify 90%, and the answer is -$2,359 to $3,339, then 90% of the time your winnings will be somewhere between -$2,359 to $3,339. The higher the percent that you specify, the wider the range. The number of hours is set in the Bankroll/Risk Box. For the statistically minded, a chart is supplied in the Range of Results calculator by clicking on Calculate.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm..makes sense. And I get the message..read the Help…and the manual .

Blog Entries

Actually, I'm just too lazy to retype it.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Actually, I'm just too lazy to retype it.
    Haha, I’ll give you a pass on that