See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 10 year anniversary for Blackjack: The Forum

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Happy 10 year anniversary for Blackjack: The Forum

Most of the original people in this forum joined almost exactly 10 years ago to this day, when Ken passed the blackjack forum torch to Norm. Right around December 11th and 12th, 2011. I joined later in December that month. It's been a long, strange trip!

This place has been a very positive force in my game and I don't know what I would do without it.

Congrats to Norm all who make it a great place to share knowledge.

Happy Anniversary !

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Happy Anniversary! I love this place and all the informative, kind, and attractive males.

Happy Anniversary!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When Ken Smith closed his forum he didn't pass any torch to Norm. There was actually a blackjack forum void and several folks stepped up and offered to have a blackjack forum. Actually several different forums were launched, but Norm's was the only one that survived. Eventually everyone joined Norm's forum as some of the others were not well maintained and died out. Oh yes, I remember it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    When Ken Smith closed his forum he didn't pass any torch to Norm. There was actually a blackjack forum void and several folks stepped up and offered to have a blackjack forum. Actually several different forums were launched, but Norm's was the only one that survived. Eventually everyone joined Norm's forum as some of the others were not well maintained and died out. Oh yes, I remember it well.
    Joined BJinfo in 2007..Still miss that site and some of the original members like Kasi, Sagefrog, Zengrifter, Sonny, ihate17, Bjbob to name a few. Ya your right about what you said. I joined up at Craps Masters forum for awhile until it died out, then joined here. I still dont know why Ken abruptly closed down Bjinfo...It had alot of traffic at the time of closure..I see that it came online again a few years ago. I visit it time to time..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Joined BJinfo in 2007..Still miss that site and some of the original members like Kasi, Sagefrog, Zengrifter, Sonny, ihate17, Bjbob to name a few. Ya your right about what you said. I joined up at Craps Masters forum for awhile until it died out, then joined here. I still dont know why Ken abruptly closed down Bjinfo...It had alot of traffic at the time of closure..I see that it came online again a few years ago. I visit it time to time..
    Something is interesting. Both you and bejammin075 have been on this forum for a long time but haven’t posted vey much here. Ken Smith probably shifted his interest into poker. A couple other players posted a lot but suddenly disappeared, such as tThree and ZenMasterflash. Do they still read this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Something is interesting. Both you and bejammin075 have been on this forum for a long time but haven’t posted vey much here. Ken Smith probably shifted his interest into poker. A couple other players posted a lot but suddenly disappeared, such as tThree and ZenMasterflash. Do they still read this forum?
    I sometimes disappear for very long stretches at a time. I saw in the banning announcements that ZMF was banned (permanently?) for some kind of serious transgression.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Thanks for the historical info. I think I had only just recently joined Ken's site for a few months before it shut down. A fun group of people then. Aslan, Automatic Monkey & others. Somehow Norm's site was the only one I found in the aftermath of Ken's site going down, and then everybody seemed to end up here. I wasn't aware of the diaspora.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ken Smith probably shifted his interest into poker.
    Why do you continue to make things up about things you have no idea about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Why do you continue to make things up about things you have no idea about?
    I recall Ken Smith saying something about poker about 4 years ago. I posted this info to have it verified. I actually am not 100% certain about this part. We need to make some noise here and there occasionally.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I recall Ken Smith saying something about poker about 4 years ago. I posted this info have it verified.
    Then ask the question instead of posting your speculation as "probably" true. I know the reasons why Ken closed his forum and they have nothing to do with poker. I won't go into it any further and those here who also know and respect Ken won't either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast