Thread: Dealer Sarcasms

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealer Sarcasms

Colored up and walked from an 'ok' shoe - three feet with my back turned away, dealer blurts "You're welcome" I was caught off guard so I let that one slide. Next time, remember that any comments or gestures that may seem to be for the purpose of hustling tokes, I will take your name and......................and...................... ....I will write a letter....lol

I had a roulette croupier? complain to me that a gal didn't tip him when she hit the same number 3 in a row. He actually intimated that he was responsible for this result. AMAZING
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

At 1 of the larger/newer stores on the strip a few months ago. Played there a few times in the past. There were 2 others playing at the table I was at. They were playing black I was green. We were winning. Every hand they were each toking 10-15 each. I stopped tipping. The dealer then starts to bang his chips on the edge of his tray each time he got them, and would look directly at me and say thanks. Each time it seemed he tried to bang them harder. After about the 5th time I told him he would never get a toke from me again. He doesn't acknowledge me or look at me now. It's funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by metronome View Post
    I had a roulette croupier? complain to me that a gal didn't tip him when she hit the same number 3 in a row. He actually intimated that he was responsible for this result. AMAZING
    That reminds me of a dealer who was bragging to the table that he had "kicked a counter's butt" a few days before. I asked how he knew he was a counter. The dealer said that the counter was well known. From other info I had, I think I knew who it was; but the point is that when a player gets mad at a dealer for giving him bad cards, the dealer will say that he just deals the cards and has nothing to do with how they come out. But, if he "kicks a counter's butt", he is willing to take full credit.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    At 1 of the larger/newer stores on the strip a few months ago. Played there a few times in the past. There were 2 others playing at the table I was at. They were playing black I was green. We were winning. Every hand they were each toking 10-15 each. I stopped tipping. The dealer then starts to bang his chips on the edge of his tray each time he got them, and would look directly at me and say thanks. Each time it seemed he tried to bang them harder. After about the 5th time I told him he would never get a toke from me again. He doesn't acknowledge me or look at me now. It's funny to me.
    The same thing happens to me and it's hilarious. It's even funnier when the dealer pays one of my green chips with reds and pinks. That's when I ask if Van McCoy is performing a concert that day. Some of you will have to look him up. I don't want to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoofly View Post
    when a player gets mad at a dealer for giving him bad cards, the dealer will say that he just deals the cards and has nothing to do with how they come out. But, if he "kicks a counter's butt", he is willing to take full credit.
    A future pit boss in the making.