See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MGP CA: DD S17 DAS LS - 16 vs 9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bornot2B View Post
    Yes, I understand aabout removal effects of cards. What I need to know is, for example:
    The value of an extra ten per deck from the card counting perspective is 0.5%...
    That value comprises the value of the hit effect of the ten PLUS the value of the ten as a first card...
    Now the value of an extra ten from the perspective of first card effect is +13% when the ten lands on the player's spot and 17% when it lands on the dealer's spot, i.e., a net value of -4%..
    Therefore the hit card component of the 0.5% advantage is actually greater than 0.5%...
    But I need to know how to calculate how much greater it is.
    Hope I have explained my puzzle!!!
    The value of a 10 is dependent upon the shoe composition. Suppose the shoe consists of all tens. In that case the value is 0 because all hands result in a push whether one ten is removed or not.

This is a special condition. You could create any number of special conditions where the value of a 10 would be different for each, including specific player hands versus specific dealer hands and differing shoe compositions.

k_c

I mean a normal full deck composition.

Quote Originally Posted by k_c View Post
    The value of a 10 is dependent upon the shoe composition. Suppose the shoe consists of all tens. In that case the value is 0 because all hands result in a push whether one ten is removed or not.

This is a special condition. You could create any number of special conditions where the value of a 10 would be different for each, including specific player hands versus specific dealer hands and differing shoe compositions.

k_c

Please read my posts to Freightman for further clarifications...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Using MGP's CA to generate the total dependent strategy for DD S17 DAS LS, I get the following which matches the basic strategy generated by the basic strategy engine at

https://www.blackjackinfo.com/blackj...rr=ls&peek=yes

DD.S17.DAS.LS.jpg

However, when I click on the cell for 16 vs 9 to see the EVs, the EV of surrender is clearly the best. Why does the strategy not recommend surrender for this hand?

DD.S17.DAS.LS.withEV.jpg

I ask because, when generating the strategy for this hand by simulation using my own software, I get similar EVs and so my software does recommend surrender for this hand.

A similar situation exists for A,6 vs 2 where doubling has the best EV according to both MGP and my software, yet the strategy displayed by MGP is to hit.

What am I missing?
    I just tried this program myself and got the same result as yours. So the 16 vs 9 basic strategy should be hit. Has anybody answered your question?

Blog Entries

There are 134 posts with the term "hit card". Well, now 135.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There are 134 posts with the term "hit card". Well, now 135.
    Stop making up terms, Norm!

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Stop making up terms, Norm!
    I’ve constructed many terms on this forum
    FBM ASC Basic
    FBM ASC Advanced
    QTC
    BSST
    Four Douchebags of the Apocalypse (high descriptive value)
    Snarky
    Amongst many others. Hmmm, which one is my favourite.

By the way, Zee should be back in - time off for good behaviour. Penalty was excessive given other bullshit floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    By the way, Zee should be back in - time off for good behaviour. Penalty was excessive given other bullshit floating around.
    I was wondering where Zee was. I know he wasn'n't playing, so thought he lost interest. What did he get b/o'd for and for how long? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I was wondering where Zee was. I know he wasn'n't playing, so thought he lost interest. What did he get b/o'd for and for how long? I must have missed it.
    Think he a 3 month whacking by Judge Roy Bean for his scurrilous political damnation of the Judges romantic fancy - Lily Langtree.

Interesting though that non stop cheap shots by the infamous Douchebag 6582, ****ing is Fun and assorted other miscreants can Snark their way to disdain and damnation with only the occasional slap on the wrist, while soft political commentary can trump one to lengthy banishment.

https://youtu.be/v55GWP30F4E

Blog Entries

This is NOT a site to discuss the Iraq War, political media, and other political stuff, which he continued after three MORE warnings. How many times to I have to explain this?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

There is nothing new about this term and it can't be a second card. And wouldn't it be easier to say hit card instead of third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. card?

In the situation of split, you receive a second card as a hit card too. English is art, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    In the situation of split, you receive a second card as a hit card too. English is art, sometimes.
    Your problem is that forum members do not construe your execution of English as art, rather that of bullshit.

Some people, such as myself, appreciate masters of bullshit. Please carry on.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast