Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is OK to wear a mask at your local casino? Is it required?

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Is OK to wear a mask at your local casino? Is it required?

    Basically the title. I would much like to wear a mask for playing, I'm not sure what the rules are as i havent played stateside since the last March.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-24-2021 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Fix title

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JackVegas View Post
    Basically the title. I would much like to wear a mask for playing, I'm not sure what the rules are as i havent played stateside since the last March.
    You can wear a mask if you like, at the casino. First not everyone is vaccinated. I talked to a dealer. She said she will only get vaccinated after people vaccinated did not show any side effect for one or two years. Wearing the mask doesn't bother her at all. Second, even vaccinated, some people won't take off their mask. I overheard some dealers talking about some other dealer. They said xxxx will wear the mask until the day she died even she is vaccinated already.

    I think even after Covid 19 crisis is over, the mask will stay for quite a few people. I think it is great for AP.

  3. #3
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    11,483
    Blog Entries
    59


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I can't imagine a casino would bar use of a mask. In Asia, mask wearing has been around for decades. Yes, casinos are stupid and want to see your face. But, why turn away a customer? At the grocery store yesterday, there was a sign that said masks are no longer required. Every person had a mask, vaccinated or not. Over the last week in my zip code, zero people were hospitalized; but about 85% are still wearing masks walking outside in the neighborhood. Masks will still be around for a while.

    I always wear a mask outside. But, I wouldn't want to wear one outside in Vegas in July or August.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-24-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I always wear a mask outside. But, I wouldn't want to wear one outside in Vegas in July or August.
    Those of us around the 45th Parallel between October and late February certainly enjoyed the protection from both SARS and Old Man Winter!

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JackVegas View Post
    Basically the title. I would much like to wear a mask for playing, I'm not sure what the rules are as i havent played stateside since the last March.
    Some casinos are now starting to go mask-less.

    I personally wear masks when the business requires them (it's their rule, just like some stores ban guns, I follow the rule or don't patronize), otherwise I don't because I am one of those who believe we over-reacted over a bad flu. Personal opinion, not looking to argue.

    But it seems that people will keep wearing masks for a long, long time, even when not required.

    And I will certainly keep wearing masks at casinos, because I see an advantage in wearing them and so should you.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I know of one casino in the U.P. that just went "no mask" if you are vaccinated for both employees and guests. Its on the honor system. They won't ask to see a vac card.

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thanks for the replies, guys.
    And yes i have a July Vegas flight so i must play when it's melting outside, lol

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I can't imagine a casino would bar use of a mask. In Asia, mask wearing has been around for decades. Yes, casinos are stupid and want to see your face. But, why turn away a customer? At the grocery store yesterday, there was a sign that said masks are no longer required. Every person had a mask, vaccinated or not. Over the last week in my zip code, zero people were hospitalized; but about 85% are still wearing masks walking outside in the neighborhood. Masks will still be around for a while.

    I always wear a mask outside. But, I wouldn't want to wear one outside in Vegas in July or August.
    I am looking to wear a mask until the COVID-19 is completely over. Especially around America, people like to go all over the place.

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I am looking to wear a mask until the COVID-19 is completely over. Especially around America, people like to go all over the place.
    This will never be over. It would become something like seasonal Flu shot. For example, they just found a new highly transmissible hybrid Vietnam strain 48 hours ago. It is the combination of UK strain and India strain. Scientists said on the first estimate, the best vaccine Pfizer vaccine is only 33% effective against this Vietnam strain. Looks like we need a new shot this winter. And Covid 19 will keep mutating so the vaccine needs to catch up every year.

    NPR article could be found here:

    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...avirus-variant
    Last edited by BJGenius007; 05-30-2021 at 02:57 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member JBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Not near the ocean.
    Posts
    150


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have been in several casinos in the last week where all the protective barriers have come down and masks are now "optional if you have been vaccinated". Overall it looked like about 1/3 of those in the casino were wearing masks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Native American Casino - W9 required - filled wrong SSN
    By Raybabyray in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2020, 12:36 PM
  2. el_jefe: should I wear a hat
    By el_jefe in forum Blackjack Beginners
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.