See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone use the Silver Fox?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don’t know about Silver Fox being more work than Hi/Lo. Hi/Lo has 31 two-card cancellations and Silver Fox has 37.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzey View Post
    I don’t know about Silver Fox being more work than Hi/Lo. Hi/Lo has 31 two-card cancellations and Silver Fox has 37.
    Yes, that's a good point. Also SF has some plays that are better correlated than in Hi-Lo. The problem is always insurance. I bet that if we compare Hi-Lo without insurance against SF without insurance, SF will come ahead. Maybe I could run some sims to confirm it.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    Yes, that's a good point. Also SF has some plays that are better correlated than in Hi-Lo. The problem is always insurance. I bet that if we compare Hi-Lo without insurance against SF without insurance, SF will come ahead. Maybe I could run some sims to confirm it.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    6dks, US standard rules
    Silver Fox Hilo
    Insurance .693889 .760117
    16 v T .581536 .549906
    15 v T .795051 .775787
    12 v 3 .6597 .709529
    Point corr. .959057 .962024

Maybe these figures will confirm your suspicions, even before running sims.
    Given the insurance index away, is too much for a “Volkswagen” like Hilo. ??????

Zenfighter

While I find all of the above informative and enlightening, in the end, NONE of it matters if you are simply utilizing a single parameter balanced point count and deciding which to choose. Either SF outperforms (SCORE) Hi-Lo or it doesn't. And, we already know that it doesn't.

Don

Well, I lost my bet Hi-Lo without insurance still outperform SF without insurance. It seems that Hi-Lo's BC (0.9665) does a better job than SF's BC (0.9611). Here are the SCOREs (6D,S17,DOA,DAS,SPA1,SPL3,NS,4.5/6):

Hi-Lo without insurance + R22
    1-12: 18.60
    1-16: 21.91

SF without insurance + R22
    1-12: 18.39
    1-16: 21.71

Sincerely,
    Cac

Ralph Stricker and I had these conversations ages ago. He knew that SF couldn't outperform Hi-Lo, but in those days, everyone wanted a count with his name on it, so this was a fair attempt.

Kenny Uston did the same thing with the count that bore his name. He and Sludikoff knew it couldn't outperform the higher-level RPCs, but Sludikoff, pig that he was, wanted to capitalize on Ken's name, so he marketed it at $97 and kept virtually all of the profits.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    I agree. But counting 7 and 9 as 0.5, we invent the most powerful second level system. It is amazing !
    Although I do remember that unbalanced BRH 2 level is superior in EBJ simulations.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123