See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Illustrious 18 - indexes

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Z didn't disappear. He has a lengthy ban for repeated politics. No idea what the Iraq War has to do with this forum.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

No idea what made-up math has to do with this forum, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Z didn't disappear. He has a lengthy ban for repeated politics. No idea what the Iraq War has to do with this forum.
    When will Zee's ban be up?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    No idea what made-up math has to do with this forum, either.
    What do you mean by “made-up math?” Math is math. Everybody can check on it.

Blog Entries

I imagine he means statements like: "I believe all of the blackjack decisions are linear too."
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I imagine he means statements like: "I believe all of the blackjack decisions are linear too."
    This is very interesting. Which blackjack decisions are the most nonlinear ones?
    I guess all of the pair splitting decisions are very nonlinear.

Hi, I recently played some double-deck blackjack hit-17 games, but I am not confident with these two deviation indices:

1. Player 6,6 versus dealer 7, what is the HiLo index for splitting/hit?
    2. player 7,7 versus dealer 8, what is the HiLo index for splitting/hit?

I have been using the 6-deck indices for the 2-deck, but this is clearly wrong, because I have been losing money so far. Thank you in advance.

Blog Entries

What you have personally experienced has no meaning in such cases. Variance is too high to accept empirical evidence on such.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    1. Player 6,6 versus dealer 7, what is the HiLo index for splitting/hit?
    Split if < +5.

2. player 7,7 versus dealer 8, what is the HiLo index for splitting/hit?
    -1. Both plays are, of course, basic strategy for DD, DAS.

I have been using the 6-deck indices for the 2-deck, but this is clearly wrong, because I have been losing money so far.
    It's clearly wrong because the 2-deck indices aren't necessarily the same as the 6-deck indices, but it's terribly naive of you to think that your winning or losing has anything to do with the indices you're using.

Don

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Split if < +5.

-1. Both plays are, of course, basic strategy for DD, DAS.

It's clearly wrong because the 2-deck indices aren't necessarily the same as the 6-deck indices, but it's terribly naive of you to think that your winning or losing has anything to do with the indices you're using.

Don
    This is becoming clear to me now. I guess the main problem here is that the HiLo system alone is not that effective for 2-deck games. To beat this game, I probably have to incorporate my ace side count. You are a textbook here!

This is becoming clear to me now. I guess the main problem here is that the HiLo system alone is not that effective for 2-deck games. To beat this game, I probably have to incorporate my ace side count. You are a textbook here!
    Don't worry about count levels and side counts. Any number of decks are beatable with Hi-Lo provided rules are decent, cut is acceptable, and spread is tolerated. All of these are infinitely more important than the count you use. Higher-level counts may increase SCOREs over Hi-Lo by 10%-15%. Add eight cards of penetration in a DD game, and you can increase SCORE by 40%!

Don

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Don't worry about count levels and side counts. Any number of decks are beatable with Hi-Lo provided rules are decent, cut is acceptable, and spread is tolerated. All of these are infinitely more important than the count you use. Higher-level counts may increase SCOREs over Hi-Lo by 10%-15%. Add eight cards of penetration in a DD game, and you can increase SCORE by 40%!

Don
    This is reasonable. Another problem I had was that I did not use the negative derivation indices to the appropriate scale. This game is a play-all situation but I haven’t applied these negative indices to that scale. Another problem is that the running count needs to be accurate to one card. This means I have to count whatever cards on the current table. My game is perfect but I just haven’t got the handle of it.

aceside said
    My game is perfect but I just haven’t got the handle of it.
    Credit to Yogi Berra

https://youtu.be/pG4K6Qy7HT8

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast