Quote Originally Posted by Below AVG IQ View Post
I don't know how I missed this, I even remember originally writing down a bet spread for a 1 pen game and after switching to a 1.5 pen game noticing my bet spread was off...

What I missed is that when changing your penetration in CVCX it changes your win loss percentage. As an example in Hi-Lo (According to CVCX) H17, DaS, 6D 5Pen: We gain an edge at a true 1 with a win/loss at 0.18% but after changing the pen to 4.5 we still gain our advantage at a true 1 with a win/loss at 0.16%

A loss in EV but doesn't need much of a change in strategy.

Though using reKO it does seem to change our strategy:

Same rules with a 5 pen game using reKO we gain our edge at -2 with a win/loss at 0.10% but switching it to a 4.5 game we instead gain our edge at -3 with a win/loss of 0.11%

So if we were to raise our bets based on a betting strategy put together when looking at a 5 Pen game in a 4.5 pen game we're betting into a -0.10% instead of the +0.10% we think we're betting.

Is my poorly presented math correct?
I agree with the guy above. I have been an AP for some time and have switched my counting systems a couple of times. I feel that the most important thing in counting is to use the right system for the right game. However, HiLo is a must learn for every AP because it is versatile. Penetration is so important that you do not play games with low pen. Low pen means higher bet spread and higher risk, if counting only.