See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Looking for Help Advice

  1. #11


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Vegas is the worst place in the country for counting cards.
    I can't overstate how true this is.

  2. #12


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Craven View Post
    I can't overstate how true this is.
    Thou dost exaggerate.... Actually, the proximity of casinos, the number available to you definitely makes it worthwhile. Imagine flying to another location, say PA, rent a car, drive in often heavy traffic to get to a casino, tables are all full or you get backed off in the first 10 minutes. I am sure it’s happened to many. Now, you have to go get back in your car, drive a long way to get to the next. In fact, it happened to me once, drove to the other casino that had some concert going on, parking was difficult to find and then no tables were available or you had to play a full table.

    In Las Vegas, even with the parking charge, once you park, you can go hunting to find your table.

  3. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Thou dost exaggerate.... Actually, the proximity of casinos, the number available to you definitely makes it worthwhile. Imagine flying to another location, say PA, rent a car, drive in often heavy traffic to get to a casino, tables are all full or you get backed off in the first 10 minutes. I am sure it’s happened to many. Now, you have to go get back in your car, drive a long way to get to the next. In fact, it happened to me once, drove to the other casino that had some concert going on, parking was difficult to find and then no tables were available or you had to play a full table.

    In Las Vegas, even with the parking charge, once you park, you can go hunting to find your table.
    I agree with Zee on this one. In fact, I just got back tonight from a three-day trip there. I've been going to Vegas every two-to-four weeks for the past five years, even during the COVID period. Definitely some solid games there. One casino, in particular still takes my action although my cumulative win there is upper-five figures.
    Last edited by Chaconne; 01-21-2021 at 07:37 PM.

  4. #14


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post
    I agree with Zee on this one. In fact, I just got back tonight from a three-day trip there. I've been going to Vegas every two-to-four weeks for the past five years, even during the COVID period. Definitely some solid games there. One casino, in particular still takes my action although my cumulative win there is upper-five figures.
    That's been my experience in Vegas as well. Yes, most of the games are junk or overly sweaty, but with thousands of tables within a few miles, there are still a number of playable games as well.

  5. #15


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I would be careful in PA. PA is relatively new to gaming. From what I understand, according to PA laws; they can trespass you for any reason. I have not played in PA since Covid started but their rules are pretty decent.

  6. #16


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 151Proof View Post
    From what I understand, according to PA laws; they can trespass you for any reason.
    How does that differ from other jurisdictions?

  7. #17
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    11,227
    Blog Entries
    59


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Well, not any reason. They can't trespass you for being Asian. In NJ, they need a good reason.

    One woman was put on the PA state exclusion list after she tipped her cocktail server with cash — and a bag of methamphetamine.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-24-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

  8. #18


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 151Proof View Post
    I would be careful in PA. PA is relatively new to gaming. From what I understand, according to PA laws; they can trespass you for any reason.
    Casinos don't have to give a reason to trespass you. Most call it a "business decision."

  9. #19
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    11,227
    Blog Entries
    59


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That depends on the jurisdiction.
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

  10. #20


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That depends on the jurisdiction.
    Let's leave NJ and MO out of the equation. For all the other states, it applies.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hi-Lo Advice
    By BetWise21 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 09:47 AM
  2. Advice
    By kt333 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 07:45 PM
  3. Advice Please
    By tjr5259 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 11:25 AM
  4. Little Ben: Bad advice????
    By Little Ben in forum Blackjack Beginners
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.