See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Your Average Joe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    BJ is a game where you can quickly discover your limits.

I had been driving a car, racing in streets, thinking I was one hell of a driver until I ran into a few pros. In th off season, I had my car, back when they allowed you to do it, I found myself at the Indy 500 and I tried myself out, found my limits at about 120 mph, I did go up as high as 135-140 for a round but never got comfortable, sweating, nervous, and quit, moved back to lesser speeds.

In BJ too, after getting counting and indexes down, even with a significant BR, I was real comfortable with a minimum $25 game and a $250 max bet. However, when I tried the $50 minimum game, the extra heat, bets over $300 and the stress started getting to me. I knew the idea of playing blacks, of having $1000 on a single hand, losing more than $3000 plus in a single session was not something I could ever get comfortable with and thus dropped the whole idea of significant income from BJ.

Now, after all these years, the best year was where I made $38k after expenses with all others being under $20k, more often around $10k. Good enough for me. I remain a recreational player.
    Heck, snowmobilers go 120 mph in the U.P. on narrow old railroad grades. There is no snowmobile speed limit in the U.P. Probably more deaths from snowmobiles in the winter months than from car accidents in the good old U.P. Very common to hear of folks losing control and going off trail into a tree.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/12/m...ile-crash.html

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...an/2657697002/

Now a gal bragging about her 13 year old son's need for speed on a snowmobile forum.
    "My 13 year old can't wait to get his hands on it, but he has a horrible condition he inherited from his parents called " a need for speed." He's already had the ZL600 at 92 mph, and I know he won't be able to resist putting it to the handle bar. Since I know it can do 122 mph there is no way I'm letting him on it yet. He needs more maturity before he's allowed on it. Right now it's my backup sled."
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-05-2021 at 10:34 PM.