See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Player Bankroll Management

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    I'm curious. Why do you want to be a counter? Do you enjoy gambling and want an edge? Do you hope to supplement your income? Other reasons?
    I’m hoping to do it more as a hobby. The financial incentives don’t appeal to me that much. I’m a college athlete right now and already have a job lined up for when I graduate next year (I’m a math major and will be working in data science). I’m looking for something that isn’t necessarily physical to appease my competitive itch after I graduate and I see this as a form of competition that I believe I can excel at.

Quote Originally Posted by RattaTat View Post
    I’m hoping to do it more as a hobby.
    That's similar to my main reason. I've enjoyed BJ card counting for > 40 years, but I have always spent much more time reading BJ books, playing with the math, and watching this website than actually playing BJ.
    The regulars on this site are knowledgeable and willing to share what they know. You came to the right place. Good luck.

You need a lot more money than that. If you hit a substantial loosing streak, you will be out of money in a hurry. I don't think there are any places left that have 5 dollar tables with decent rules. All you will do is get frustrated. I would not go into any venture like this without less than $25,000.00 total bankroll. You need to read some of the good blackjack books that have chapters on money management.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    For those of us not as hip as you, care to define arby?
    I'm not as hip as you think I am, 21forme, but thanks for the compliment.

Zee has been banned from every site he has participated on except this one. He as been banned from CBJN, BJA, Blackjackinfo.com, and Discord. His handle on one of those sites was "Arby."

Ah OK. Thought it was some word that I'd find in the Urban Didtionary, but it wasn't there

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post
    I'm not as hip as you think I am, 21forme, but thanks for the compliment.

Zee has been banned from every site he has participated on except this one. He as been banned from CBJN, BJA, Blackjackinfo.com, and Discord. His handle on one of those sites was "Arby."
    Hmm
    Fully 1/3 of your 18 posts are Zee bashing with 1/2 of those referring to some historical context regarding Zee. Your modus operandi is so....Counting is Funnish. Also, a certain Je n’est ce Quois from a Douchebag6582 perspective.

Seems to me that Norm would immediately be on your ass over some “Stop the Steal” comment, but allows repetitive jerking motions on against the rules personal attacks.

I fart in your general direction. Now, go away or I shall taunt you for a second time.

https://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hey...unlike what freightydeummy suggests...you likely won't find crowded tables due to covid restrictions (iunlike freightyfanasy, i actually play regularly and haven't saw >4players/table in 6 months....so lesson 1, don't listen to wannabe fakes/flakes).......find a low limit shoe game with s17 & LS i$5-$10 to get some experience in the environment.....spread small, say 1-14...~2/tc up to 7...wong @ -1, find another table @-2....not expecting to win much...you need table experience at this point....see how you fair...let me know

Good luck

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Hmm
    Fully 1/3 of your 18 posts are Zee bashing with 1/2 of those referring to some historical context regarding Zee. Your modus operandi is so....Counting is Funnish. Also, a certain Je n’est ce Quois from a Douchebag6582 perspective.

Seems to me that Norm would immediately be on your ass over some “Stop the Steal” comment, but allows repetitive jerking motions on against the rules personal attacks.

I fart in your general direction. Now, go away or I shall taunt you for a second time.

https://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA
    Thank you for taking me seriously, Fartman. I have to admit it's hard to take you seriously at anything including your asinine BJ comments. To each their own. But I'm surprised Norm lets you continue to post your Don S butt-kissing comments here, lol.
    Last edited by Chaconne; 12-26-2020 at 06:40 PM.

I'm with bigplayer. $20,000 is the minimum bankroll needed to make a solid go at a straight card counting gig. I'm doing an interview with Richard M soon and you'll have the opportunity to hear how one crazy dude grew a bankroll of that size to something much bigger over the years (with S Wong and bigplayer's help). It's doable but stressful, especially if you're playing full-time and have a family (as I do).
    Last edited by Chaconne; 12-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thank you for taking me seriously, Fartman. I have to admit it's hard to take you seriously at anything including your asinine BJ comments. To each their own. But I'm surprised Norm lets you continue to post your Don S butt-kissing comments here, lol.
    Child!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Hey...unlike what freightydeummy suggests...you likely won't find crowded tables due to covid restrictions (iunlike freightyfanasy, i actually play regularly and haven't saw >4players/table in 6 months....so lesson 1, don't listen to wannabe fakes/flakes).......find a low limit shoe game with s17 & LS i$5-$10 to get some experience in the environment.....spread small, say 1-14...~2/tc up to 7...wong @ -1, find another table @-2....not expecting to win much...you need table experience at this point....see how you fair...let me know

Good luck
    Did you say
    Find a $5 S17 game with LS, small 14-1 spread, Wong out -1, with less than 30 max bets? With friends like you, who needs enemas.

Wow, you really like shoving that foot of yours up your ass.

Suggestion to OP - ignore.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Child!
    Old fart!

I'm with bigplayer. $20,000 is the minimum bankroll needed to make a solid go at a straight card counting gig. I'm doing an interview with Richard M soon and you'll have the opportunity to hear how one crazy dude grew a bankroll of that size to something much bigger over the years (with S Wong and bigplayer's help). It's doable but stressful, especially if you're playing full-time and have a family (as I do).
    when did the “one crazy dude” do this bankroll growth? “It’s doable” like it’s doable to win America got Talent. If you “have a family” and that includes spouse and children, playing full time to support the family is, in my opinion, dumb, selfish and not worth it. The stress, time away from family, is a heavy price, invest in something..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast