See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Proof

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I agree it won't work.
    You can't fix stupid. You can't buy the fix for stupid, either.
    And what about those who visit from overseas? Will a vaccination certificate be required for entry into this country? I can't imagine that flying with the next administration as it will be considered xenophobic and discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I agree.
    And don't call me shirley!
    Least you could have done was to include a link

https://youtu.be/Qo7qoonzTCE

It's the same thing with needing a TB test before working in a school. Employers could require it as a condition of employment if they want to go back to office work.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Least you could have done was to include a link

https://youtu.be/Qo7qoonzTCE
    You're right. Glad you're here for backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Fine with me if vaccines are required for grocery workers, restaurant staff, other folk with close contact. If they required them for entry to a bar, maybe they could open the bars again.
    Not to be political, but I saw on the news today that some idiots are whining about the closing of a bar on Staten Island. The widespread stupidity is overwhelming. I hope most New Yorkers are smarter than these pea brains complaining about a bar, of all things. They must be, because your city and state took the pandemic seriously for quite awhile, and was able to repel it quite a bit. But now, ???

Of all the crap we can do without during this time, a bar ranks among the least "essential" of all businesses, right alongside tattoo parlors and marijuana "dispensaries."

It would be interesting to hear from a long-time New York resident like Norm about the city's present mood. I apologize if too political -- I always think of the pandemic as a serious public health issue, sometimes forgetting that it has been so ridiculously politicized.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Blog Entries

Bars have been closed in NYC nearly all year. Now, bar is an interesting term. Basically, every bar is also a restaurant. You can drink at a restaurant (not sitting at the bar), but must order food. After about eight months, restaurants are now open at 25% capacity indoors and can have outdoor dining. Realize that NYC restaurants are very small and 25% is just a few tables. Nightclubs, Broadway are closed. Most office buildings are nearly vacant. The weather is getting cold, but there are still people choosing to eat outdoors, and restaurants are putting electric and propane heaters up. Imagine the cost of heating outdoors. I can't speak for the city. But, the mood seems generally OK. We have spiked from 1% to 3% positivity and the hospitals are not stressed. Nearly all wear masks. The supermarkets are well stocked and there are many delivery services. Obviously, the restaurants are hurting. The rent for a small restaurant starts at about $30,000 a month in my neighborhood. Realize also that Manhattan is a small business town. Most stores are very small. My drug store only allows two customers at once. So yes, there is a huge financial hit. But, the death rate is not as high as many other places.
    Last edited by Norm; 12-03-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    These covid vaccines are approved for "emergency use". Until they get final approval I think it would be difficult to require folks to take them.
    Because of the emergency situation, the vaccine is not tested as thoroughly compared to the common standard. I expect they will find some side effects in the next few years. Hopefully there will be no serious side effects. They should have administrated on prisoners in the first three months and reward them with reduced sentence.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Paying some Americans to take the vaccine won't work. Here is why:

1. Some are stupid, irritating and contemptible.
    2. They are averse to change and firmly holds traditional values.
    You can't be serious.
    All of the characteristics you list in1 do exist in some of those in the US population, but have nothing to do with a choice to take or not take a vaccine.
    I'll accept that many are reluctant to agree to do something new and different.
    However, the goal is to vaccinate a significant part of the population (~ 70%), not everyone.
    All that being said, I doubt that paying US citizens to get vaccinated is likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    You can't be serious.
    All of the characteristics you list in1 do exist in some of those in the US population, but have nothing to do with a choice to take or not take a vaccine.
    I'll accept that many are reluctant to agree to do something new and different.
    However, the goal is to vaccinate a significant part of the population (~ 70%), not everyone.
    All that being said, I doubt that paying US citizens to get vaccinated is likely to happen.
    It is seriously being looked at to pay folks to be vaccinated.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...us-aid-2020-11

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    It is seriously being looked at to pay folks to be vaccinated.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...us-aid-2020-11
    Sounds like bribery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Sounds like bribery to me.
    I prefer the term, "inducement."

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    I prefer the term, "inducement."
    Another synonym for "campaign contribution."

Me be flyin someplace else to get it.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast