See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freightman Forays - Covid style

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Reminds me of this guy, just as he was about to finish, would scream out - oh Jesus, sweet Jesus, and was concerned enough about it that he sought advice from his priest.

His priest comments - quite alright my son, it says so in the bible.
    This fellow questions his priest who opens a bible and says - let me show you

He is blessed who cometh in the name of the Lord.
    I forget the stand up comic who said this “But the guy was coming and going at the same time”

Quote Originally Posted by beating vegas View Post
    I forget the stand up comic who said this “But the guy was coming and going at the same time”
    Carlin.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellaman View Post
    Carlin.
    Great comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by beating vegas View Post
    Great comedian.
    Indeed. Personally, I liked him even better as an angry old man.

In preparation of the ongoing adventures of Freightman’s Forays in Province backoffs, I advise the following - Stores in this area don’t like to articulate counting as as a reason for backoff, preferring some other explanation for in house removal. So, I ask for your preference of order on the following stores not yet reported on. Said preference may well influence order of selection of scout trips. I suppose I could add a couple from nearby cities.

1. Backed off for complaining of food quality and service at the buffet - boring story
    2. Backed off with no reason given (my largest asset provider) Dare not go back, but still a good story
    3. Any game but blackjack (absolutely insane win streak) best story

Items 2&3 above are fun stories, especially as tales include dialogue (not involved, simply a part of the story) with Master Houdini - known to several members, I’m sure.

Stores in this area don’t like to articulate counting as as a reason for backoff
    What makes your stores different from any other stores?

In my experience, just about all of them are like that. They say things like:
    You play is too good for us
    No more BJ
    Your welcome to play any games besides BJ
    and so on

It's rare that they specifically cite counting as the reason.

One of my favorites was, "I really admire what you do, but I can't let you do it here."

I'm sure all your stories will be entertaining, so your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    What makes your stores different from any other stores?

In my experience, just about all of them are like that. They say things like:
    You play is too good for us
    No more BJ
    and so on

It's rare that they specifically cite counting as the reason.

One of my favorites was, "I really admire what you do, but I can't let you do it here."

I'm sure all your stories will be entertaining, so your choice.
    from Post 31, #3 - my favourite and last local backoff, not likely to be repeated in this lifetime.

And so, I continue the ongoing saga of Freightman’s Forays, much like that of Vito Corleone. This will likely be a longer story - accordingly, will likely envelop 2 parts (posts). I mentioned that Master Houdini was associated with the story, and thus, the prelude to this backoff is the story of our first meeting.

I was playing away from my home city. I had received several scouting reports from my info suppliers regarding a relatively new slash and burn player. Info included description, background, stakes, food and sexual preferences (or maybe not). I had enjoyed about a half hour of heads up play when MH came to the table. Before MH said anything, I knew who it was, both from descriptions given as well as manner.

MH bought in for 1k at a $25 min table. I decided to observe. With each of us putting $25 on the felt, MH quickly went to 2 spots of 2x200 (might have been 300) and back down to 1x$25 - about as subtle as a brick shithouse. I knew who MH was, MH didn’t know who I was. After a couple of repeats of said scenario, I commented to MH - you’re driving me nuts, as I then spread to 2. I continued to play Mr. Ploppy. MH suspected, but wasn’t sure whether I was counting or not, mostly due to my purposeful ploppy manner. In due course, as in a few minutes, I confessed my knowledge of identity. During the session, we agreed to meet for coffee, further agreeing as to where, who would leave first and so on.

We became friendly after that corresponding many times, even lent MH 10k that I had on me when MH left a trip roll behind. I was promptly repaid next day, and bought MH and playing partner breakfast (as it was my turn). I was surprised when introduced to playing partner, as our prior meeting with said partner was her acting as critter at a certain out of town store. I would be remiss by not commenting that MH was a class act. During one of our joint playing sessions, MH really had to go, but the deck was negative. Not until the deck hit neutral RC 0, did MH leave.

And so, with background being laid (well, perhaps a different description is better), on a warm January day, I was playing heads up when I looked up, only to see MH’s partner circling the high limit room. I stared a bit, noting the super short cutoffs accompanied by her revealing halter top - Did I say January? - perhaps I meant some other “J” starting month.

In any event, I texted MH, asking if he/she was in town, as I noted the presence of playing partner. MH responded no, further commenting that partner was already texting, overhearing critters talking and certain that I was being heavily scrutinized. I responded that my being watched heavily was in fact, the case.

To provide additional background, I had a winning record at this store, though prior high limit conditions were terrible. Deficiencies included No surrender 6 & 8 deck with lousy pen. This store had it backwards. The superior game was low limit $5-$100 4 deck, good cut with ES10, DAS, NRSA, H17. Unfortunately , low limit was always crowded. I had stopped playing there several months prior.

In due course, I was receiving reports of 6 deck with great cut, and since my local playing options had shrivelled, it was now time to check things out. So, starting with the second “J” month of the year, I once again graced the premise of said store. It was true, all true - birds were chirping and excitement filled the air, and thus began the longest session winning streak of my career.

During said month, I had 18 consecutive wins. It was around win 15 or so that I noted MH’s partner scouting the pit. Salivating with the thought of an unblemished month, I was excited to play my last session of said month, only to lose. I should note that since then, I have achieved 1 no loss month (last January having only played twice) and total no win month (last February having played once), and so my YTD winnings amounted to a paltry 5k.

Concerned about my streak, I only played 3 times the following “J” starting month between the 1st and 10th, winning all 3. My winnings during this relatively compressed time period was about 28k. In all, 21 wins, 1 loss.

Thus, the background is complete for my vote as the most fun backoff of my career. On my 4th session of the month, I started playing - crowded conditions for me. To my right, 2 ploppies, friends of sorts, with one of them kinda sorta a birthing counter. To my left, the unknown ploppy.

After about 15 minutes, a previously unknown gentleman to me, obviously the head honcho, came to the pit to observe. I turned to my 2 buddies and suggested a $100 wager apiece, that I would be “removed from service” within 15 minutes - no way they replied, and they agreed to the terms. The unknown ploppy really was too stupid to comment. The non English first language critter lady then approached me, handing me a form, requesting that I join their loyalty program. Form included the usual - name, address, ph num, email, and sexual preferences. I replied - maybe later. About 5 minutes after that, same critter lady walks out of the pit ending up behind me, reaches to my squares and removes my chips. She really was rather friendly, advising that I could no longer play Blackjack, but could indulge in any other game. While critter was doing her duty, I extended my right arm with palm up, being dutifully paid a black chip apiece from my 2 buddies. I then remarked to the unknown ploppy - gee, just because a guy gets lucky.

Part 2 of this exciting drama, will be relayed after I scout the joint out within the next few days.
    Last edited by Freightman; 10-11-2020 at 01:45 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    same critter lady walks out of the pit ending up behind me, reaches to my squares and removes my chips.
    I've never had this happen (chips grabbed from BEHIND me), but I think it's quite risky on the part of the critter. If someone came along from behind me and grabbed my chips, I think I would grab their arm, thinking a theft was in progress, unless that person identified themself first.

If chips are removed from the square (or circle), they should be pushed back from within the pit.

I've never had this happen (chips grabbed from BEHIND me), but I think it's quite risky on the part of the critter. If someone came along from behind me and grabbed my chips, I think I would grab their arm, thinking a theft was in progress, unless that person identified themself first.

If chips are removed from the square (or circle), they should be pushed back from within the pit.
    it was plain view. She walked between 2 tables, and then immediately behind. There was no question as to who This was. Now, given a different set of circumstances - yes - it would have been a dumb move.

Sigh. Et tu?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Sigh. Et tu?

Don
    Apparently so! Yes, I know it’s You’re. Yesterday, I almost missed auto correct creating lullabies and estrogen versus my intended remarks.

Regardless, not to be confused with irregardless, I trust you enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Sigh. Et tu?

Don
    I was quoting the pit critter. Aren't you the one who said they can't read?

And if you're in the market, I have a bridge for sale. Special price, just for you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast