Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
The book is a good read................anecdotally v a "how to" book. I don't think Colin was trying to write the book to "teach" a new generation of card counters but more to relay their/his experiences in the past and his team...............and the changes in playing conditions since then. Many had asked him to write about his experience in more detail than just the film, The Holy Rollers (Church Team) documentary
I agree it's a good read. Initially reflecting on it after reading, I thought it read like watching his youtube videos. But some details were added that wouldn't translate well to youtube. He talks about bankroll and bet spreads. It seems cautionary and well thought out. He constantly warns the reader of risk of ruin which is responsible of him. I would recommend it to beginning and seasoned card counters as required reading. It seems like an advertisement for his website and bootcamp though. I think it would be beneficial to attend a bootcamp but, there are many other comparable and less expensive ways to achieve knowledge and expertise. Read Nathaniel Tilton's "Blackjack Life" for a excellent example of how to get where you need to go.