Quote Originally Posted by Halbruno View Post
Gman, I agree with your overall assessment. Still, I feel that all the books in the blackjack library, most of which I have read, can only provide you the theoretical tools. After learning all that is presented and putting it into play, the practical side still needs analysis by an expert. So, even though one may be book smart, in practice s/he may still be an intermediate player. There are those who can translate the theoretical information successfully into practice and there are those who still need coaching to fine tune their abilities. I feel that I am in that second category. I should have been tested out a long time ago by an accomplished AP. That's how the bootcamp benefits many players.

On the other hand Gman and 2forme you've got me wondering how many players complete the bootcamp and still are unsuccessful?
The ‘reader” also plays while he’s learning, which is how he seasons. Further, I think most players deep down gave a good feel for the strength of their game.

Excellent record keeping, and the ability to analyze that data will give you the information to plug your leaks and improve your game. In fact, excellent record keeping told me the weaknesses in my game, .and in fact led me onto the path of the regaled FBM ASC Basic to begin with and ultimately to the FBM ASC Advanced.

Colins debutantes will have a well rounded education for the most part. Their demise will come from bankroll deficiency.