I just sold all of my EE Bonds. The 30 year extended maturity will be up in 2021 and they will then stop earning interest. I decided to go to the bank now instead of in the middle of winter. They were a good investment earning 6% interest until they reached faced value and then still earning 4% interest until their extended maturity. However, I cashed them all so I wouldn't have to make several trips to the bank as they matured over 2021.

Okay, I can see 21forme getting on my case for getting rid of an investment still paying 4% and dumping the money in my checking paying 0.02% interest, but at my age I don't care about the few extra bucks I would make by cashing them as each reaches full maturity. Heck, I might get the covid and won't be able to go anywhere.

Now I'm stuck with an additional $10,000 and don't know what to do with it. My original plan at the beginning of the year was to invest it in CD's but interest rates have declined so much I no longer want to do that. I'm now thinking of buying a dividend paying value stock. I don't want to put it in a mutual fund as I already have enough of them. I been looking at buying 3M stock. It pays over a 3% dividend and is out of favor right now. Any other suggestions out there?