See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: For HL player who refuses to switch to KO use 5m9c as a side count to HL

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are a couple statements bjanalyst makes that require comment. First is the claim that CC is more accurate than sims. This is nonsense. CC is a back of the envelope estimate. It is useful. But, it is in no way as powerful as simulation. The second is that sims do not take into account how a human plays and sim perfect play. Also nonsense. CVData has several settings to simulate player and dealer errors, along with innumerable types of cover play.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There are a couple statements bjanalyst makes that require comment. First is the claim that CC is more accurate than sims. This is nonsense. CC is a back of the envelope estimate. It is useful. But, it is in no way as powerful as simulation. The second is that sims do not take into account how a human plays and sim perfect play. Also nonsense. CVData has several settings to simulate player and dealer errors, along with innumerable types of cover play.
    Bottom line: bjanalyst has been feeding us reams of verbal diarrhea that, I'm sure, most of us are sick of, all predicated on the most elementary of statistical measurements that became obsolete with blackjack studies ages ago. In SCORE, we have the gold standard for system comparisons. In CVData, we have the ultimate in simulation capacity.

The sad part of my jumping back into this thread is that it is going to prompt a 10-page response from bjanalyst that, of course, I won't read or respond to.

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

The sad part of my jumping back into this thread is that it is going to prompt a 10-page response from bjanalyst that, of course, I won't read or respond to.

Don
    Who says you have to read a post before responding to it. I’ve responded to many posts with only the most cursory of reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Bottom line: bjanalyst has been feeding us reams of verbal diarrhea that, I'm sure, most of us are sick of, all predicated on the most elementary of statistical measurements that became obsolete with blackjack studies ages ago. In SCORE, we have the gold standard for system comparisons. In CVData, we have the ultimate in simulation capacity.

Don
    I’m getting the impression that this count won’t be in your next book.

I have a new count. You keep a side count of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ,9 and Aces.

I haven’t done any sims. But this count will make you an extra 1 dollar an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Who says you have to read a post before responding to it. I’ve responded to many posts with only the most cursory of reviews.
    Obviously

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Obviously
    Responded to with exactitude.

Quote Originally Posted by beating vegas View Post
    I have a new count. You keep a side count of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ,9 and Aces.

I haven’t done any sims. But this count will make you an extra 1 dollar an hour.
    Not surprised. Consider the FBM ASC, either Basic or Advanced

No thanks! My way is much better than any count strategy

I think you need to add an intermediate strategy. With three different options, you have enough exciting new info to charge $3000 for a FBM bootcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    No thanks! My way is much better than any count strategy
    +1

That was a joke. I’m more then happy to stick with what I do.

Counting is one step above Basic strategy.

I’m going to put a great tip out.
    Concentrate on deck estimation. Learn how to judge 1/4 decks. In the future you will thank me.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast