See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When not to double hard 11 vs 9 or Ten

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    If you are a newbie, it is impossible that you even had the remotest idea of what any of the above means
    I laughed when I read that response. Likely a reincarnation of a banned troll.

If you are a newbie, it is impossible that you even had the remotest idea of what any of the above means. And, the last thing you want to do is try to follow that strategy. Start at the beginning. Baby steps.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I laughed when I read that response. Likely a reincarnation of a banned troll.
    Probably just a publicity stunt.
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

As promised, general commentary on recent data mining activities

I’ve long noted my consistent negative fan base gleefully being assholes. I can predict with virtual certainty those posts which will attract them. In the thread, “Dons Grammatical Pleasure”, post 31 on July 16, an opportunity presented itself to produce a post which provided certain baseline measurements. The post of course is available for all to peruse, however, for purposes of brevity, general comments were made by me with a statistic, at that time of 564/941 or 59.93% positive.

This baseline was initially intended to draw off general stats over general threads over a period of time, and in fact, a certain amount of data was made available. On July 26, BJAnalyst was kind enough to provide the perfect platform for me to “drill this sucker” for all it was worth.

First, I suppose I should apologize to BJAnalyst for making him an unwitting part of my plan, however, he seemed to be oblivious. I say now, for his benefit, that there is a modicum of advanced value in some of his theories, but he’s missing quite a bit. He now claims that I am NO expert - however, only an expert could have dreamed up some of the scenarios that I presented.

For the record, I have never done a sim on the FBM ASC, nor do I intend to. It’s really nothing more than a side count for PE. A great argument can be made for advancing the theory of FBM ASC Basic and Advanced. I confess to certain trials of actual ball manipulation - the fact of the matter is that it is difficult to perform discreetly with the further discussion item that I do not relish moaning at the table. Besides, a screaming orgasm while playing blackjack might be misconstrued.

I keep a count of aces in my head. I utilize this, usually in shoe games for PE, not BC. nothing more. It’s most helpful in several plays as in 99v7, 10v10, and of course for altering insurance threshold up or down Further, for FBM advanced, I use right hand left hand positive negative different coloured chips handled to keep a running track of other items which I have previously alluded to, and for which my fan base of negative naysayers simply have no fucking clue about.

From a general perspective, it’s really astounding that some so called knowledgeable posters can post stupid stuff, and be supported by others. Cumulatively, specific individuals have shit for brains. There were a few very perceptive posts. I considered outlining all of this, but didn’t want to write a novella. I can’t forget Snarky, who essentially has a big mouth, but runs and hides when he gets hoisted on his own petard.

General Stats
    564/941 baseline July 16 59.9%
    567/953 various threads. Also, July 26 BJAnalyst creates opportunity 59.5%
    567/962 End of thread 58.9% July 29
    567/966 July 31, as of this writing.58.6%

Considering a plateau of 75%, I’m sure our resident math whiz would agree to the non randomness of these results. I’d love to have some fun - Norm - confirm to me who they are.
    Last edited by Freightman; 07-31-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I can guess, but want confirmation

"when he gets hoisted on his own petard."

For the record:

"Hoist with his own petard" is a phrase from a speech in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet that has become proverbial. The phrase's meaning is literally that a bomb-maker is blown up ("hoist" off the ground) by his own bomb (a "petard" is a small explosive device), and indicates an ironic reversal, or poetic justice.[1]

Don

"when he gets hoisted on his own petard."

For the record:

"Hoist with his own petard" is a phrase from a speech in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet that has become proverbial. The phrase's meaning is literally that a bomb-maker is blown up ("hoist" off the ground) by his own bomb (a "petard" is a small explosive device), and indicates an ironic reversal, or poetic justice.[1]

Don
    Thanks. Oh, and for the record - you’re the resident math whiz

Alas, poor Feightman! I knew him, Horatio: A fellow of infinite jest.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Alas, poor Feightman! I knew him, Horatio: A fellow of infinite jest.
    Simply making a point. I think a rather good one. Your perogative to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Simply making a point. I think a rather good one. Your perogative to disagree.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Just joining the Shakespeare festival.
    What I disagree with is all the wheel-spinning over counts, but if bjanalyst wants to spin his wheels, he's free to do so.

P.S. prerogative

Thanks. Oh, and for the record - you’re the resident math whiz
    Yeah. Figured I had a shot at that. Thanks.

Don

As promised, general commentary on recent data mining activities

General Stats
    564/941 baseline July 16 59.9%
    567/953 various threads. Also, July 26 BJAnalyst creates opportunity 59.5%
    567/962 End of thread 58.9% July 29
    567/966 July 31, as of this writing.58.6%

Considering a plateau of 75%, I’m sure our resident math whiz would agree to the non randomness of these results. I’d love to have some fun - Norm - confirm to me who they are.
    Today is update day. Slightly behind on 2.0 neg per day. The tasteless, but entertaining link below should thrill my naysayers into action.

https://youtu.be/Ofn8-3SWd8M

I was especially taken with rendition of - The Blue Danube

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345