One of things that bothered me was doubling hard 11 v 9 or T when the deck is rich in Aces.

The game I play is six deck game, five decks dealt, S17, DAS, LS, Lucky Ladies and Super 4.

Where I play they offer Super 4 and Lecky Ladies so what I do is I keep the KO w AA89mTc and 5m9c for that game.

I bet Super 4 when KO - (AA89mTc + 5m9c) >= crc(4) = 4*n = 24 for n = 6 decks..

Tc = Ten count = KO + AA89mTc

My Lucky Ladies bets is as follows for the six deck game, five decks dealt, S17, DAS, LS, Lucky Ladies and Super 4.

1. If Tc >= 24 I start betting $5 on LL.

2. If Tc >= 30 I start increasing my LL bet up to its maximum of $25.

3. If Tc < 24 but KO + 5m9c >= 24 then I bet $5 on LL

4. If Tc < 24 but QHexc = dp - QHp >= 2 then I bet $5 on LL where QHexc = excess QH's, QHp = QH played and dp = decks played.

My betting running count is brc = KO + (1/2)*(5m9c) with BCC = 98.6%.

And I have a bunch of playing strategy changes with KO w AA89mTc and 5m9c.

Using linear combinations of these three counts I get excellent derived counts for the side bets and for playing strategy variation that you cannot get with say HO2 w ASC. And as you know my KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc resoundingly beat HO2 w ASC and tied Tarzan. KO w 5m9c and AA89mTc is similar to KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc but using 5m9c instead of 5m7c helps with LL and Super 4 which is why I use the 5m9c instead of 5m7c with KO and AA89mTc.

This and much, much more will be covered in my books when I republish them myself.

But back to the reason for me writing this post.

Oftentimes i wonder about doubling hard 11 against an 9 or T.

The AA89mTc has the same SD as the HL and so varies for the six deck game, five decks dealt from -30 to +30.

I was playing with AA89mTc = (-24) and KO = crc(4) = 24 so I had a large bet out. I had hard 11 v 9 and I was wondering if I should double it or not. I was concerned about doubling because with AA89mTc being so negative there was a deficiency of Tens and and excess of Aces but I had not done the analysis for doubling. Sure enough when I doubled my hard 11 v 9 I hit with an Ace. The excess Aces are also not good for the player doubling as the dealer could have one of these excess Aces in the hole giving the dealer a 20.

So when I got home I did the analysis which I have attached as a PDF to this.

So here is it

Do NOT double but HIT hard 11 v 9 or hard 11 v T if (AA89mTc + 5m9c) < (-6 - tc(KO))*dr.

And note that the CC for these plays is around 90% where as the OK CC for these plays is around 70%. The AA89mTc and 5m9c adds a bunch of new information.

So in my situation there were two decks left and (AA89mTc + 5m9c) = (-24) and KO= 24 = crc(4) so tc(KO) = 4

So the calculations are (AA89mTc + 5m9c) = (-24) < (-6 - 4)*dr = (-10)*2 = (-20).

Therefore I should have hit hard 11 v 9 instead of doubling. But I did not know this at the time so I doubled.

This was especially bad since I had my maximum bet out. I did not like this especially when I knew there were a lot of Aces left in the shoe. But now I know.

So the rules for doubling hard 11 v 9, T, and Ace are:

Hit hard 11 v 9 or hard 11 v T if (AA89mTc + 5m9c) < (-6 - tc(KO))*dr

Double hard 11 v A if KO + AA89mTc + 5m9c >= crc(2)

See attached PDF for details. This is just a small sampling for all of additional information I will put in my new books.

Doubling hard 11 v 9 or Ten.pdf