See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: KO and floating advantage

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

KO and floating advantage

KO has very easy adjustment for floating advantage. See attached PDFs

Switch from HL to KO.
    Blackjack betting for six-deck game using KO count

• Bet one unit on one hand or do not bet at all if KO < crc(1).

• Bet one unit on each of two hands if KO= crc(1) = 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (note numbers start at 9 and increase by 3 for each dp).

• Bet two units on each of two hands if KO = crc(2) = 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 for dp = 1, 2 , 3,. 4, 5 (note numbers start at 14 and increase by 2 for each dp).

• Bet three units on each of two hands when KO = 22 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4,. 5 (KO flattens to 22 because of floating advantage).

• Maximum bet of four units on each of two hands when! KO>= crc(4) = 24.

So, your large bets of three or four units on each of two hands is exact and involves no calculators or estimations.
    The HL does NOT give you that kind of accuracy in betting.

For playing strategy changes:

1. Use HL indices for KO - they are almost identical in all cases and any changes are insignificant. You do not have to learn any new indices.
    2. For playing strategy you just want to know KO true counts of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

For six decks
    KO = crc(2) if KO = 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    KO = crc(3) if KO = 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    KO = crc(4) if KO = 24
    KO = crc(5) if KO = 27, 26, 25 dp = 3, 4, 5
    KO = crc(6) if KO = 30, 28, 26 dp = 3, 4, 5

You have precise betting of three or four units on each hand. You do not miss any betting opportunities by miscalculation of HL true counts or errors in estimating decks remaining. For six deck game, bet three units on each of two hands when KO = 22 and bet four units on each of two hands when KO >= 24. No estimation of decks involved and no true count calculations.

KO & floating advantage #1.pdf
    KO & floating advantage #2.pdf

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Two comments: Did you actually sim the edges for the floating advantage at dp =1 and dp =5 for 5/6? I doubt very much that the edges are equal at true counts that differ by as much as 1.6 (3.6 and 2.0). Seems wrong to me.

Also, you mention, to argue the superiority of K-O over Hi-Lo, that "there are no errors in estimating decks remaining." I had to laugh a little at that. Exactly how do you suggest we reckon dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5??

Don

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Two comments: Did you actually sim the edges for the floating advantage at dp =1 and dp =5 for 5/6? I doubt very much that the edges are equal at true counts that differ by as much as 1.6 (3.6 and 2.0). Seems wrong to me.

Also, you mention, to argue the superiority of K-O over Hi-Lo, that "there are no errors in estimating decks remaining." I had to laugh a little at that. Exactly how do you suggest we reckon dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5??

Don
    The six deck betting with KO is very simple:

If KO < crc(1) = 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then bet one hand of one unit or do not bet at all and sit out hands or leave the table.

If KO = crc(1) = 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then bet two hands of one unit each hand.

If KO = crc(2) = 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then bet two hands of two units each hand.

If KO = 22 then bet three units on each of three hands.

If KO >= 24 then bet four units on each of four hands.

So the simplicity in betting is for the large bets of three and four units on each of two hands. For these large bets you do not even have to estimate decks remaining or do any true count calculations. And you do not miss a single large betting opportunity either.

KO = 22 gives a tc(KO) around 3.5 in the first half of the shoe where the true count is worth less, then 3.0 at dp = 4 and 2.0 at dp = 5 where true count is worth more. So KO = 22 automatically adjusts for floating advantage so that these three-unit bets on each of two hands are made at roughly equal basic strategy player advantage of 1% throughout the shoe.

So your bet spread is 8 (two hands of four units each) to one (one hand of one unit or even zero units if you stay out when KO < crc(1)).

I relied on the simulations done on this website I found which I listed in the my attached PDF:

https://blackjackincolor.com/blackjackeffects2.htm
    Sim details
    Six decks, S17, DAS, LS, 1 player, Hi-Lo, Exact Cards, Round
    Ten billion rounds each

For the two one unit bets at tc(KO) = 1 and the two two unit bets at tc(KO) = 2 you need to use the Table of Critical Running counts where the KO count varies as decks played increases. See the attached PDF called critical running counts.

What is exact is the larger bets. The three unit bets on each of two hand should all occur at KO = 22 for the six deck game. At KO = 22 the true count is a bit larger than tc(KO) = 3 at the beginning of the shoe and is exactly tc(KO) = 3 at dp = 4 and at dp = 5 is tc(KO) = 2 which is fine since the floating advantage at the last deck makes a tc(KO) = 2 advantage equal to the advantage at tc(KO) = 3 at the beginning of the shoe. The beauty of the KO is that all of this is taken care of in a simple rule" Bet three units on each of two hands when KO = 22 for dp = 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. If the dealer deals to the (1/2) deck level, then you need to use KO= 23 for the three unit bets on each of two hand but dealing 5.5 out of 6 decks rarely happens so just use the rule bet three units on each of two hands whenever KO = 22.

And then when KO = 24 you are at the pivot of the KO count and you will always have a true count of four everywhere in the shoe. So whenever KO >= 24 then bet four units on each of two hands.

The KO counts makes three and four unit bets on each of two hands very simple with no true count calculations involved and automatic adjustment for floating advantage for the two hands of three unit bets.

Beside the one page critical running count PDF I have also attached a two page PDF called Floating advantage with KO. The first page of this two page PDF explains what I mentioned above by visually looking at the height of the bar charts in the simulations on the web site I referenced.

The second page of that attached two page PDF shows that you can improve your betting even further by using a 5m9c, 5m7c or 45mu79c side count with the KO. Whenever a balance count is added to an unbalance count the resulting derived counts are also unbalanced with the same unbalance as the original unbalanced count. Thus KO + (1/2)*(5m9c), KO + (1/2)*(5m7c) and KO + (1/2)*(45m79c) can all use the KO table of critical running counts and the KO floating advantage.

When KO + (1/2)*(45m79c) is used with the floating advantage for betting as described with the KO count, you have almost perfect blackjack betting. Note that KO + (1/2)*(45m79c) actually has a higher betting correlation coefficient than even Wong's Halves.
    crtical running counts.pdf
    Floating Advantage with KO.pdf
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 07-23-2020 at 11:56 AM.