See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Half true count bets..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Half true count bets..

Before the pandemic hit, I was using half true count bets. I like using them, but it does slightly lower hands per hour and may even result in more heat due to all the change in bet amounts as each round passes.

Do you think half true count bets are worth it?

Nitram, could you further explain what you mean by the term "half true count bets"

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bosox
    Cvcx has a radio button that allows sims by half true counts. Pick out some archived sim on full true counts, then choose half true counts and you will notice slight differences in ramping. Very very useful.

Nitram
    Most experienced ploppies know that altering bets are required to beat the game, though their actions are based on guesswork. Frequent altering of bets plays into that. Understand that the house will figure out very quickly that you’re counting.

Depending on how they’re tracking you, they will, most of the time, evaluate you as a poor counter due to their perception of your “poor deck estimation”. Heat should decrease accordingly. Tolerant houses will let you play on this scenario until cumulative win reaches house threshold. FWIW, half true counts should not slow your game down in the least. Further, they’re other nuances that can be utilized - a story for a different day.

Thanks, Freighter.

Yes. Thank you.

I actually realized today that at a true 1/2, the player has the advantage in a H17, es10 game, das, rs4 instead of at a true 1, according to cvcx. I hope I entered everything in correctly.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    Yes. Thank you.

I actually realized today that at a true 1/2, the player has the advantage in a H17, es10 game, das, rs4 instead of at a true 1, according to cvcx. I hope I entered everything in correctly.
    You likely did enter everything correctly, however, your actual commentary suggests to me that you are making the same error as those utilizing whole true counts.

For the sake of argument, assume house edge of .5 - can you reason out the error?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You likely did enter everything correctly, however, your actual commentary suggests to me that you are making the same error as those utilizing whole true counts.

For the sake of argument, assume house edge of .5 - can you reason out the error?
    For additional clarity, not mattering if whole or half true counts, hi lo or halves, I’ve watched at least 2 well known counters from a combo of bj21 and this forum jump from 1x25 to 2x200 and 300 without an edge.