Thread: How to play soft hands after the first card

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to play soft hands after the first card

Hi All

I am trying to sharpen up my basic strategy but coming up against an area that I don't fully understand. It concerns playing soft hands and what you should do after the first card you receive. As an example: You are dealt A5 against the dealers 10.
    So you hit and you get dealt a 9. Should you then hit again now treating the hand as a hard 15? This isn't a great example and I am sure when I have posted this I will think of a better one with a more tricky decision but I guess what I am asking generally is how do you treat soft hands after you have hit and got another card. You may as I understand it still have a soft hand. For example A2 hit and get 4 so now that is soft 17 I believe. Do you treat them as what they are and play according to the charts. So in the second example A2 hit and get 4 now soft 17 would you base your next move on a soft 17 hand in the chart v whatever the dealer has.
    Hope I am making sense :-)
    Thanks in advance for any help with this

Mike

You got it. Just treat them as they are (hard total or soft total) and follow the charts. GL!

Hi

Thank you so much for clarifying that. I suspected that would be the case but wasn't quite sure.

So just to make sure I really have got it :-)

You are dealt A2 for soft 13: Whatever card/s come next and how ever many you draw you re-assess after each card and ask yourself is this a hard or soft hand and what is it and then you go by the chart as to your next move.

Is that right

Thanks again

Mike

Talking

Apologies Intermediate. I just read through my original post and realized that my reply to you is just repeating what I put in the first post which you have confirmed is correct