See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blackjack Probability

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Well OK. I simply meant that it is a benchmark for changing the parameters of my betting; statistics & total bankroll are important for setting these benchmarks up. Without it, I will get buried. It also does allow me to take a mental/emotional rest from a large beating and approach the situation with a fresh perspective. Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-13-2020 at 03:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Reyth;286255]Well OK. I simply meant that it is a benchmark for changing the parameters of my betting; statistics & total bankroll are important for setting these benchmarks up. Without it, I will get buried. It also does allow me to take a mental/emotional rest from a large beating and approach the situation with a fresh perspective. Sorry for any confusion.

Try to understand the very good advice already given to you in this thread from Stealth and others.
    If not, then maybe you will prefer advice from others, there are many other points of view here like zee if you prefer that type of forum information.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyth View Post
    Hey there everyone!

I have spent years analyzing roulette statistics . . .
    Are you the same Reyth who posts, or use to post, on the RouletteLife.com / Roulette30 discussion forum?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Visit UK-21's Degenerate Gamblers Pages - www.uk-21.org

Hey UK. Long time no see. Grats on Brexit!

@Count: Thanks. I have learned tonnes already!
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-15-2020 at 08:26 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Indeed. Must be a couple of years since you last posted there?

Why the sudden interest in blackjack as a punt of choice?

A wise choice, but in order to develop your game and move forward you are going to have to abandon those bonkers theories and questionable maths that regularly attracted applause from the regulars of that other place; please give up on all of the nonsense around using past streaks in the results as a means of informing future betting decisions and attempting to calculate when the "reversion to the mean" will happen for past variance. It is indeed possible to play blackjack with an advantage, but it's essential you take time to understand why and how that advantage manifests itself. There are a lot of very numbers-savvy people here and any attempts at promoting, or justifying, voodoo based solutions (which made up the vast majority of the discourse at the Roulette30 forum IMHO) are likely to be met with a hail of digital machine-gun fire.

I will say that Roulette is fun and I still play it occasionally. Despite the higher house edge when playing against the wheel of doom, it is possible for the variance in your bank balance to be less than at the BJ tables - due to the speed of the two games, the minimum one can get away with betting and the probability of not losing each time; for BJ it's around 50%, with Roulette you can cover 30/37 numbers with the same five unit (£/$) bet. However, for one it's possible to play with an advantage continuously but the other only in the most exceptional of circumstances, and even then that can be open to a lot of debate.

Where are you looking to apply your newly found skills?

Regards from the UK. Good cards.

Quote Originally Posted by UK-21 View Post
    Indeed. Must be a couple of years since you last posted there?

Why the sudden interest in blackjack as a punt of choice?
    Well, if we are going to play an EC system against the Wicked Wheel, we might as well go play Baccarat BUT I think that game is WORSE than roulette; the 5% commission on Banker makes it impossible to take advantage of its more frequent hits WITHOUT significantly increasing one's exposure BUT if one therefore makes the prudent decision to only bet Player, you then have to deal with horrific streaks against you -- you see the catch-22 there?

So the best choice is Blackjack for the lower HE and dynamic payouts built in.

please give up on all of the nonsense around using past streaks in the results as a means of informing future betting decisions and attempting to calculate when the "reversion to the mean" will happen for past variance.
    Well, those aren't the reasons I examine Blackjack streaks. In roulette it is a different story because I have access to individual numbers and ya, there is a catch-22 there too but its more hidden than in Baccarat; a move inward on the felt decreases the disparity between payout and expectation BUT it also increases cost and potential variance, which brought me to focus on EC systems! Round and round we go!

With Roulette you can cover 30/37 numbers with the same five unit (£/$) bet.
    Haven't we all looked into that deceptively attractive 30 number bet? Worse than playing the inside if you ask me!

Where are you looking to apply your newly found skills?
    I made a thread about it called .10 Blackjack.

Nice to see you here!

Sorry, but you won't be able to apply any advantage techniques when playing BJ online.

Good luck. I think you're going to need it.

I am a DP so no sympathy required here.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with using positive variance to win.
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-16-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Better than being an "SP" - then you'd be in serious disrepute with the cult!

Just smacked split aces for +296 units! My goal is hang around long enough until that sort of thing happens. I suppose the screenshot would be in poor taste.
    Split 7's for +24 units and EOS +100.

Here is what I consider to be a decent question:

How can I determine the average earnings (per coup) for my rule set?

For roulette its easy -- just fire up the 'ol 0-36 bean counter and divide profits by coup attempts.

The rule set I am currently testing is: .44 MINUS no cards on split aces HE (which is 6 decks, S17, DAS, No Surrender, Peek at DJI)
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-16-2020 at 04:00 AM.

You can't imagine how badly you are barking up the wrong tree. Anyone who writes, "Besides, there is nothing wrong with using positive variance to win," simply is headed for disaster.

Don

I'm told it can be quite a successful approach when used in conjunction with a crystal ball?

Quote Originally Posted by UK-21 View Post
    I'm told it can be quite a successful approach when used in conjunction with a crystal ball?
    Exactly. Reyth, you want to know what your long-term LOSSES (not profits!!) are going to be? Very simple: Multiply the total action you are providing by the house edge.

Don

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast