See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Blackjack Probability

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Post Blackjack Probability

Hey there everyone!

I have spent years analyzing roulette statistics and they are very easy to generate (just throw up random numbers from 0-36) but now that I am moving into blackjack, the actual statistics are a mystery to me.

We all know that the HE is not the culprit for loss streaks, heck even with a PLAYER advantage of 1%, we will still see streaks against us that will put us in a deep hole (either direct or successive); our problem is of course negative variance.

So, I am a programmer and I can create a blackjack session simulator to analyze the worst streaks of losses and their probability and I guess that's what I need to do if I want to learn this information?

My main issue of concern is how streaks of loss in blackjack compare with roulette; are they better? Worse? Equal?

For instance, it is commonly accepted that 25 EC's in a row is a benchmark that might be seen once in a person's lifetime (once in tens of millions of coup attempts) and each coup attempt has its own probability, from 1 on down the list to the 25th.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge about these sorts of things?
    Last edited by Reyth; 04-11-2020 at 03:48 AM.