Thread: Basic strategy CHANGED by true count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question Basic strategy CHANGED by true count

Blackjack simulations have given us basic strategy. However, as the true count changes, so does the odds.

Can anyone tell me where one can find basic strategy charts that are adjusted for the true count? For instance, you might want to stand on a 12 when dealer shows 3, if the count is high, even though basic strategy tells you to hit. It would be extremely useful to have complete charts of basic strategy when the true count is +1, +2, +3 and so on.

If anyone finds interest in this or can provide help, feel free to leave a reply! :-)

Check out the illustrious 18??

To put it simply, they are called deviations. Basic strategy doesn't change by count. Deviations tell you the count at which an individual play should change from basic strategy. I'm not sure why you would want to, but if you feel so inclined, just make a new strategy grid with all the deviations included up through a given count. I would say it's far better to have one grid where you can see all of the counts at which the plays will change.

Thank you, this was very helpful

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    And people call ME a troll? @G Man

It may just be a difference in understanding the nomenclature, but Basic Strategy never changes. However, your Strategy for playing decisions does change based on the count. The specific playing decision chart is dependent on the count system you use and the specific rules you're playing under.

Yes sorry the illustrious 18 is if you're using Hi-Lo system.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack2020A View Post
    Blackjack simulations have given us basic strategy. However, as the true count changes, so does the odds.

Can anyone tell me where one can find basic strategy charts that are adjusted for the true count? For instance, you might want to stand on a 12 when dealer shows 3, if the count is high, even though basic strategy tells you to hit. It would be extremely useful to have complete charts of basic strategy when the true count is +1, +2, +3 and so on.

If anyone finds interest in this or can provide help, feel free to leave a reply! :-)
    Come on man? You post your question without reading any back posts on this forum, or a thousand other sites, books etc?

Just buy a book to read you get everything

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack2020A View Post
    Can anyone tell me where one can find basic strategy charts that are adjusted for the true count?
    Why do you want this?