See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 virus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Great post, today it is in my state too uggg. The usual flu, still kills many people every year. In 1918 there were no airplanes.
    People travel so much more today...it was brought to my state by a man who recently was in Italy. In 1918 that would have never even happened.
    I think many thousands have it, but have not been tested yet. But then again, it's kind of the same as the seasonal flu. #coveryourmouthwhenyoucoughAhole and #washyourdamnhandsinthemensroom...we all see you not do it guys ugggg.
    I think we are in same location. First one here; guy who recently traveled to Italy, which is hotbed for the stuff in Europe. We have some other state citizens who are being prevented from returning because they were on a cruise ship that had many crew members test positive for the virus.

Norm, I wish you would sanction the political BS. Trump nor any other official in his administration has anything to do with this virus spread and ummagumma's posts are bullshit on this thread.

My understanding is that it's spread through respiratory illness and from our breathing it in from others who have the distress. I don't know if it will affect domestic travel to the point it is international travel but I'm starting to see more and more sanitizer around tables. And chips ARE filthy to begin with..........LOL A big week is coming up for Vegas for the first week of March Madness. I wonder if there will be a lot of cancellations?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries

I deleted three political posts. I agreed with two and didn't agree with one. Whether I agree or not is completely irrelevant and I am offended by the claim. Posts of a political nature are not allowed.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

You used claims nearly identical to lines used by some politicians. I still have the text.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

I just deleted it. And for the 53rd time, I don't read anywhere near all the posts here.

Italian government is about to propose Milan lockdown. The news caused a panic. Just like Wuhan, last night people rushed to take the last trains leaving the city. This can easily happen in NYC 30 days from now.

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    and ummagumma's posts are bullshit on this thread.

Please expand on that and tell me exactly what has been BS. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Careful, Genius. The virus clumps the cards.
    Hahaha

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ummagumma View Post
    Please expand on that and tell me exactly what has been BS. Thanks
    Your quote below in regard to everyday flu, and making it political, etc for starters...
    "The death rate is around 50 times greater at about 3% whatever Trump may say....(and 3 times or so higher for those over 70)".

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Your quote below in regard to everyday flu, and making it political, etc for starters...
    "The death rate is around 50 times greater at about 3% whatever Trump may say....(and 3 times or so higher for those over 70)".
    The question wasn't aimed at you but please prove that it was BS. Show me the stats and I'll happily change my mind. And please don't use figures which are guesses about the possible 'denominator'. Have fun.

Blog Entries

There may be trading halts in the stock exchanges today. U.S. equity futures trading has already been suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There may be trading halts in the stock exchanges today. U.S. equity futures trading has already been suspended.
    Not suspended. When it is down 5%, it triggers circuit breaker. Future trading has only one level halting. For regular stock trading session, there are three levels: level 1 (7%), level 2 (13%) and level 3 (20%) based on S&P500 index. Each circuit breaker will trigger a halt. When level 3 is triggered, the stock market will halt trading for the remainder of the day. I expect we will see 20% down halt today.
    Last edited by BJGenius007; 03-09-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast