See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: "Preserving The Win"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Sim results using 10B hands played with the CV Data simulator is rubbish? You might not like the results, but take it up with Norm, it's his software.
    Ok I reread your first post and the math makes sense. What you are failing to see and you were already told, with such a measly sample size of 430 hands, a puny spread of 1-4 and 12 units goal you are limiting your risk but at the same time your EV. If you spend as long as you can at your local joint with a proper 1-10 spread at 1% ROR, the EV will be orders of magnitude higher than your wimpy sim. Go ahead and prove us wrong with CVData. All I read here is that you are scared of variance and you are literally backing yourself off from real winnings. Sorry to be so brutal but seems you don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    AngryCounter: In case you are 10 units ahead and "preserve this win", do you really think the trip was not a waste? Cannot get behind this logic.
    I not only game blackjack, I also game credit cards so for me to get a flight for $200 to LV is not difficult, I also found a loophole to keep Caesars Diamond permanently and with a bit of play my hotel is free. As for food, I rely on MyVegas and Wynn Slots apps to get roughly 4 meals for a weekend free, so I only spend another $100 in food out of pocket.

Now factor in the above small expenses and the fact that I was doing a $50-$1k bet spread last year... with a mere $500 win I go back home happy after a fun weekend and with $200 extra in my pocket. This was the case of my worst trip, all the others I left with $1.5k+ winnings, one of them was $12k.

I’m now a black chipper, so leaving Vegas with a ”measly” 10 unit win is a free Las Vegas trip + a modest Caribbean vacation in cash.

Makes sense now?

I’ve put hundreds of hours into this to get to the point of making a nice side income. I can’t justify the logic of scared red chippers around not taking the leap. Very few people can master this skill, use it! Your spare time is more than $15/h.
    Last edited by AngryCounter; 01-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.