Today just made my last bank deposit for the year. I won't be playing anymore blackjack for another 3 months and figured why let so much money just sit there not earning any interest.

I haven't played any blackjack since Nov, and even though road conditions were good the last few days, the arrival of the snowmobilers has pretty much ruined any good playing conditions.

Anyway my efforts over the next 3 months will be divided between snow shoveling and doing my income taxes. I actually start on my income taxes on Dec 31st. I make a list of the value of all my assets (except house & cars) as of Dec 31st in one column of an excel spread sheet and in the next column l list the income the asset has generated for the year be either interest, dividend or realized capital gain. Some assets are non incoming producing like real estate, and other investments are tax exempt like Roth IRAs, or income deferred like 401(k) so I don't list what they generate. I'm looking for what I need to do my taxes.

This worksheet becomes the backup for my income taxes, but I usually don't have everything I need to actually do the taxes until Feb 15th. Last year my worksheet was 36 lines long and included everything from cash on hand to the cash surrender value of my life insurance and everything in between.