I live in Utah, definitely not a place associated with APs, and also a place that has certain stereotypes attached to it. Once, when the BYU Football team was playing in a bowl game in Las Vegas, someone remarked that it must be nice for business having a neighboring state playing in the game. To which the owner replied "You'd think, but when people from Utah come to Nevada they bring two things, a $100 bill and a copy of the Ten Commandments and they don't break either one of them." Author Andrew Uyal grew up in Salt Lake City, but is not LDS, which amazed a dealer at Foxwoods who actually thought that Utah has a wall or something to keep away anyone that isn't LDS. I am LDS which has led to some rather funny interactions in Wendover like:

Me: I'm not sure why I'm even here sometimes, I mean I'm a Return Missionary.

Dealer: Oh don't worry, you're not the first Return Missionary in here and you definitely won't be the last. In fact, I think part of why we have a no picture taking policy is because Church members don't want to be busted here.

So, is there really some power behind this "Utah effect" and if so, how do I best use it for cover?