I posted this in another sub-section, but it hasn't gained any traction so thought I'd ask here. It has always been my understanding, and certainly my experience also, that EC aka the Sweaty Spaniard don't formally back off or trespass APs, rather, they simply tell them, "We're flat betting you," or something similar.

I have visited EC once a year, if that, since 2016. On every occasion, sometimes within the hour, sometimes after 3-4 days and several sessions of play, I'm faced with the usual flat bet. I don't mind, it comes with playing there, and I usually fare pretty well before the flat betting occurs.

On my most recent trip, which occurred within the past couple of months, I was approached by the pit and told, "No more blackjack. You can play any other game, except blackjack."

My question is, for anyone that's had experience recently with EC, or is familiar with their policies there, has anything changed? Are they now moving to barring players from BJ completely, or could it be the case that after all these years of being flat bet, I was remembered by them and this was just an experience specifically tailored to me, so to speak? I'm wondering if I did go again next year, what would happen?