See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Add 7m9c to HL to improve betting and surrender

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    And, of course, you feel ABSOLUTELY COMPELLED to respond to every post that criticizes you. You are completely incapable of demonstrating any kind of self-restraint whatsoever and have a mania to get the last word every time. And I suppose you consider this the perfectly normal behavior of a mature adult. You are obsessive-compulsive. And that's why a thread that has 179 posts should have had nine or 10. Reread your responses. They say the same thing 50 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    So I guess I am not suppose to respond to posts where I am personally criticized and insulted for no legitimate reason.

If you want to attack my ideas with CONSTRUTIVE criticism that is one thing, but I was attacked PERSONNLY with being called incompetent and that I need my head examined. And because I replied to those insults and asked that these insults to stop I am not being called obsessive compulsive.

This forum is suppose to have decorum and rules and everyone is supposed to work in harmony to help each other, at least that is what I thought.

I have been insulted, called incompetent, that I need to have my head examined and you think that is fine and I am not supposed to say anything?

And instead of telling these people to stop you are encouraging them to continue and to add more insulting posts, add to the posts and then you complaint there are too many posts.

No one else has insulted me like this until l posted to this forum.

I have meet many counters over the years and they respect me and I respect them and they appreciate my input. None has ever insulted me. Only on this forum do I get insulted when I am trying to help others.

I made a very simple request -- only constructive posts, no insults and no repeat questions - new questions only.

That is what I requested in my last post and you call me obsessive compulsive for not wanted to be insulted and not wanting to have this forum filled with destructive posts instead of constructive posts? And then you blame me for all of this posts when I am trying to tell readers to stop with destructive, insulting posts. Blame those who initiate the insults, not me and tell them to stop it.

I got this other post that I need my head examined AFTER I requested no more insults. And instead of criticizing the person who flung that uncalled for insult at me you criticize me and call me obsessive compulsive when I complain about being insulted.

This is not just an attack on my ideas, it is an aback on me personally when I am called incompetent and that I need my head examined.

If you want to attack my ideas with constructive criticism, fine, but there is no excuse to attack me personally.

Instead of attacking me, why don't you enforce the rules of this forum which are no insults, no destructive posts and no repeat questions.

I use the KO. I do not use the HL so this analysis does not benefit me. But for the many, many players who use the HL and do not want to switch (which is just about every counter I meet) i have included this analysis. I am trying to help others so why I am being insulted?

So I am doing this research for the benefit of the many HL players who do not want to give up the HL. I have an idea of how to improve the HL with a simple side count for those players who do not want to give up the HL.

And readers should be sharing with me constructive ideas, not destructive ideas. I am always open to constructive criticism.

So instead of tracking the number of posts, half of which are destructive posts, insults or repeat questions, and criticizing me, why not go to the source of this problem and tell readers to stop with the insults and destructive posts.

How about no more insults, no destructive posts and no repeat questions.

I do not think that is a lot to ask for.

And now for some more information so you cannot say that I posted this to add to the posts needlessly. So here is some constructive information which I said is the only posts I would like to see.

I am attaching the Betting Correlation Coefficient of the HL + (1/2)*(7m9c) as a PDF for the S17, DAS, LS game.

The goal of each playing strategy change is similar to the goal for betting. You want to find the count that maximizes the CC of the tag value of the count with the EoR for each strategic situation.

The problem with a level two count, for example, is that the best tag values were chosen for most situations but they are not good for all situations. On the other hand consider HL + k*(Am6c) for example which is not being analyzed but helps with insurance and standing on hard 16 v 7, 8, 9 and T.

If k = 1 then HL + k*(Am6c) becomes HL + Am6c where the Ace and six now have tag value of zero and you are left with tag values of 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0 for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, T, A respectively which is the Gordon count which is an improvement for insurance over the HL.

If k = 2 in H + k*(Am6c) you get HL + 2*(Am6c) where the tag values are 1, 1, 1, 1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, 1 for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, T, A. This is excellent for standing on hard 16 v 7, 8, 9 and T since A, 2, 3, 4 and 5 have tag value of +1 and so if HL + 2*(Am6c) is very large there are a lot of A, 2, 3, 4, 5 out of the shoe which are cards you need to hit your hard 16 with to make a pat hand so the higher HL+ 2*(Am6c) is the more desirable it is to stand on hard 16 v 7, 8, 9 and T. Note that the HL tags of the 6 and Ace are reversed with HL + 2*(Am6c) where the Ace now has a tag of +1 and the six a tag of -1. You can never achieve this kind of flexibility with a level 2 count, for example, where all tag values are fixed for every strategic situation.

HL + k*(Am6c) is not being analyzed here, only HL + k*(7m9c) is being analyzed but I am sure that HL + k*(Am6c) would help the SCORE and I have included an explanation of HL + k*(Am6c) so readers can see the logic of adding plus/minus level one side counts to the HL.

So now that I have included some constructive information you cannot accuse me of adding to post needlessly.

This post would be justified even if I did not include some more constructive information.

I am requesting that readers refrain from insulting, destructive posts and repeat questions.

So if you want to call me obsessive compulsive for wanting to be treated with respect and not insulted then I guess I am obsessive compulsive.

Betting CC.pdf
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-24-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    No. I generated those indices using my own index generator. I plan to cross check by using CV but haven't had time yet.
    Hi Gronbog

OK. Thanks. So now there wil be four checks on these six indices.

1. LSL generated indices using FDHA and AACpTCp

2. Derived HL w 7m9c from HO2 w ASC publshed indices using Idx = k*(SD/CC).

3. Your own index generator.

4. CV index generator.

So far all of these indices are close to each other.

Thanks for all of your effort.

I am hoping we get this problem resolved so sims on HL w 7m9kc can be done.

I am also hoping that HL w 7m9c helps significanlty to improve the HL SCORE for the LS game.

Thanks again for all of your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post

So I guess I am not suppose to respond to posts where I am personally criticized and insulted for no legitimate reason.

Are you new or something? Don is the extension of Norm here . He has the privilege to insult anyone he deems necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    So if you want to call me obsessive compulsive for wanting to be treated with respect and not insulted then I guess I am obsessive compulsive.
    You're worse than that. You're a child.

Don

Blog Entries

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm going to close this as it's so repetitive and the posts so lengthy it's hard to imagine anyone still reading it. If something new pops up, like new sims, a new thread can be started. But, try to be more economical with wording. Walls of text are annoying.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415