See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Add 7m9c to HL to improve betting and surrender

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Add 7m9c to HL to improve betting and surrender

My goal was to increase the HL score the most with the simplest side count.

Many players do not want to give up the HL so here is what I came up with. Add 7m9c = seven minus nine count as the side count to the HL when Late Surrender is offered.

First I want to maximize betting the most. If you use brc = betting running count = HL + (1/2)*(7m9c) the HL betting correlation coefficient for S17, DAS, LS game increases from 96.5% to 98.1%.

Second I wanted to increase the SCORE the most.

A big impact on the SCORE would be obtained by increasing efficiency of Late Surrender on the SCORE since late surrender increases expectation and decreases risk.

Adding 7m9c helps greatly with surrendering hard 14 v 9, T, A and hard 13 v T. These are important surrender decisions as the index is high so your maximum bet it out so the correct surrender decision are important for these plays.

So here is how to use 7m9c with HL.

1. brc = HL + (1/2)*(7m9c) Use brc as you used these for betting.

2. Use 7m9c for help with these decisions. Note the value of "k" in HL + k*(7m9c) is k = 2 in these cases. 7m9c helps a lot with these surrender decisions. dr = decks remaining.
    Surrender h14 v 9 if HL + 2*(7m9c) >= 6*dr
    Surrender h14 v T if HL + 2*(7m9c) >= 3*dr
    Surrender h14 v A if HL + 2*(7m9c) >= 6*dr
    Surrender h13 v T if HL + 2*(7m9c) >= 7*dr (-- fixed, I had repeated hard 14 v 9 by accident)

3. Attached is a list of all changes with 7m9c but these four changes above and betting are the most important. You can use HL for everything else. So no need to learn anything new.

HL w 7m9c (1).jpg
    HL w 7m9c (2).pdf
    HL w 7m9c (3).jpg
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 11-27-2019 at 12:56 PM.