Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Optimal vs Simple Betting Ramp

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Since you play two hands all the time you should state that when you ask questions.

When you are playing the $10 tables and using the same exact spread moneywise as the $5 tables, in my opinion, it is a gross mistake.
    I’ll go edit the post to include that I play two hands.

How do you think I should reflect the difference in table minimum in my spread? I simulated my strategy at $5 and $10 tables and the win rate is actually very close, near a 10% difference if I remember. The risk is higher by about 10% I believe but my bankroll is replenishable so it’s not a huge deal. I’ll go look at the sim results after work tonight and edit this post with the correct numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    Longevity and cover is more important to me than variance and risk, what sort of strategy would you recommend to increase longevity? <snip>
    RatherNotGiveMyRealName,

My advice on increasing longevity is in the fourth post on this thread:

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...ight=Longevity

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    RatherNotGiveMyRealName,

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
    One of my favorites of all time. Love reading that once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    RatherNotGiveMyRealName,

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
    I’ll go sim this tonight and find out my EV. I think this is my strategy!

I’ll go sim this tonight and find out my EV. I think this is my strategy!
    Yes, go do some more sims.
    Dog Hand, thanks for reposting this...and I knew there was always a reason that I agree with you!! Haha. Yes I most definitely agree with that post.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Since you play two hands all the time you should state that when you ask questions.

When you are playing the $10 tables and using the same exact spread moneywise as the $5 tables, in my opinion, it is a gross mistake.
    RatherNotGiveMyRealName I would listen to this response.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    You should already know that people get backed off for moving their bet with the count. Optimal is what will protect you from countermeasures and maintain a reasonable EV.

Your absolutes are a dead give away. Think about it more, your ramps are too simplistic. They may work with CVCX/ROR/EV stuff but not so much with cover. There are some ways to achieve levels of cover and EV. Generally, they will likely require a somewhat higher variance but are well worth it if they will improve your longevity.

If you can't play, EV = 0. And if you are a successful player, you will likely not be able to play long term. Consider what is important before EV = 0 becomes a reality.
    RatherNotGiveMyRealName I would also definitely consider this response carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    You should already know that people get backed off for moving their bet with the count. Optimal is what will protect you from countermeasures and maintain a reasonable EV.

Your absolutes are a dead give away. Think about it more, your ramps are too simplistic. They may work with CVCX/ROR/EV stuff but not so much with cover. There are some ways to achieve levels of cover and EV. Generally, they will likely require a somewhat higher variance but are well worth it if they will improve your longevity.

If you can't play, EV = 0. And if you are a successful player, you will likely not be able to play long term. Consider what is important before EV = 0 becomes a reality.
    What do you mean by "optimal" in this context and in what way does it help reduce countermeasures?

I’ll go edit the post to include that I play two hands.

How do you think I should reflect the difference in table minimum in my spread? I simulated my strategy at $5 and $10 tables and the win rate is actually very close, near a 10% difference if I remember. The risk is higher by about 10% I believe but my bankroll is replenishable so it’s not a huge deal. I’ll go look at the sim results after work tonight and edit this post with the correct numbers.
    Wonging out at a -2 and playing-all two hands with a max bet of $80, the difference in EV from a $5 and $10 table is 2.7%. In fact, the difference in EV from using heavy playing cover at a $10 table and generated indices at a $5 table is only 8.4%.

Wonging out at a -2 and playing-all two hands with a max bet of $80, the difference in EV from a $5 and $10 table is 2.7%. In fact, the difference in EV from using heavy playing cover at a $10 table and generated indices at a $5 table is only 8.4%.
    Lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234