Do you ever bother to check just how much your comps are worth? I truly believe at the red chip level it would be impossible to win without any comps. Expenses would eat up any profit you manage to squeeze out at the blackjack table.

Here is a case in point. On my last two night blackjack trip, I received comp values worth about $350. It included comped rooms for two nights some meal comps and some free play. I played 15 hours of blackjack and over that time period made a little over $32 an hour. This was probably slightly better than expected value considering the shitty game I was playing. Then add other expenses not covered by comps like gas expense and the entire trip would have only been slightly better than break even without the comps. Now this could have easily been a losing trip in the same amount and in that case it would have cost almost a thousand dollars without any comps.

At the red chip level, comps are important and can be the difference between making a profit or not. Red chippers can often get away with things that might not be tolerated at higher betting levels.

Like last year every blackjack trip I made in Oct saw some snow on at least one leg of the trip. There was no accumulation on the roads, but flurries in the air. In traveling thru the snow belt regions there was patchy snow on the ground on one trip.

It is suppose to snow on 5 out of the next 7 days so I just maybe calling it quits for the year. It all depends on the weather, but almost always after Nov 15th you will have snow on at least one leg of a trip.