See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Lack of Aces with a high count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lack of Aces with a high count

Playing double deck, you see 6 aces out right away, but the count is high.
    Is it worth staying in or is it time to wong out or at least lower your bet?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawis View Post
    Playing double deck, you see 6 aces out right away, but the count is high.
    Is it worth staying in or is it time to wong out or at least lower your bet?
    Thanks!
    I play HiLo and bet with the count. I would bet as required irrespective of Aces as the count factors it in.

i remembered reading about bj accounts for half of your edge therefore it maybe better to bet 1/2 of your normal bet ramp. For a real solution you are going to need the expert to chime in. Since these situation is infrequent , i don't think it will hurt your edge all that much long term by going either way( i would 1/2 my normal ramp),especially DD bj.
    Last edited by stopgambling; 12-23-2019 at 12:56 AM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    what you described is a very negative ev situation, bad count systems like hilo would bet heavily into this which as you know is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hypercube View Post
    what you described is a very negative ev situation, bad count systems like hilo would bet heavily into this which as you know is just stupid.
    When the HiLo count is high despite of many aces having come out, this means that an excess of low cards have come out, too, and few ten-value cards. So the remaining shoe or pack contains not only a lack of aces but also an excess of ten-value cards, which is advantegeous to the player and likely a plus EV situation (and it favours insurance bets).
    Last edited by PinkChip; 12-23-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I mean, you could provide more info, like rules, how high is high etc, but I think you should have a solid edge still despite the lack of aces.

Using
    http://www.bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

I killed 3 3s, 3 4s, 3 5s, and 3 6s, as well as 6 aces. The end result was a player advantage of 1.352. A bit small considering we are at true 3 in a S17 double deck game, but still a strong advantage at a relatively small true count.
    Last edited by Meistro123; 12-23-2019 at 09:17 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    I mean, you could provide more info, like rules, how high is high etc, but I think you should have a solid edge still despite the lack of aces.

Using

I killed 3 3s, 3 4s, 3 5s, and 3 6s, as well as 6 aces. The end result was a player advantage of 1.352. A bit small considering we are at true 3 in a S17 double deck game, but still a strong advantage at a relatively small true count.
    This is exactly the right general answer. Despite a deficiency of aces, the high Hi-Lo primary count definitely confers an advantage to the player. But, as you properly pointed out, because of the reduced probability for a blackjack at that high count, the overall edge is somewhat -- but not completely -- diminished. So, I might bet as if the TC were at least one point lower than calculated, but not very much more.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    This is exactly the right general answer. Despite a deficiency of aces, the high Hi-Lo primary count definitely confers an advantage to the player. But, as you properly pointed out, because of the reduced probability for a blackjack at that high count, the overall edge is somewhat -- but not completely -- diminished. So, I might bet as if the TC were at least one point lower than calculated, but not very much more.

Don
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post

Using

Thank you!