See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Consecutive losing sessions

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Today, I played my fifth losing session in a row, have lost $4.1k in those 5 sessions. I had won my last two trips (Las Vegas and MO) for some $4k, had made it into the black, but now I am in the red again. Going to take a few days off.

Zee,

Sorry you lost again. Do you notice yourself playing differently after losing a few sessions in a row? I.e., "going on tilt"?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Today, I played my fifth losing session in a row, have lost $4.1k in those 5 sessions. I had won my last two trips (Las Vegas and MO) for some $4k, had made it into the black, but now I am in the red again. Going to take a few days off.
    Zee, I've been there and know what it is like to lose 5 sessions in a row. Back in Oct 2015 I wasn't having the greatest of years, but by mid October, I was up over $3,300 for the year. Then all hell broke loose. I not only lost 5 sessions in a row, but I lost on 8 out of the last 12 sessions I played that year. I went from over a $3,300 win to just a blackjack win of $396 for the year. It was my worst year since 2007. I did have free play wins of over $1,300 so the year wasn't a total waste.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Eat some
    goat
    soup. Garenteed a winning day.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlife View Post
    Eat some
    goat
    soup. Garenteed a winning day.
    I eat goat meet regularly, prefer it to beef.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Zee,

I can't address your questions per se as I am not playing currently.

But I applaud your courage, transparency, and openness to feedback evident in your posts.

The 'feel' I get from your posts is that, due to fear (some people prefer the word 'anxiety'), you get overwhelmed psychologically before you even begin to play. As such, you could benefit from having more 'power' in your arsenal to overcome this fear.

I was wondering if you could really benefit from teaming up with other players in person before and/or during and/or after playing sessions. Some people refer to this practice as 'bracketing.' This could 'look like' coffee or a meal together or even travelling non-solo on an entire trip. And if in-person support isn't available, try phone calls. If that isn't available, try texts. But the stronger the support, the better (i.e., meeting up with 2 other APers 30 minutes prior to a playing session will give you more 'power' than, say, texting will.).

Something as simple as a 10 minute conversation, like even asking the bartender how her day is going can 'get you out of self' and enpower you, changing your entire mindset. Buy a homeless guy lunch. Heck, go flirt with the server - anything to keep your mind off of trying to fix itself.

So maybe not trying so hard to overcome the problem yourself through solo mental manuevering or willpower is the paradoxical solution. Try these indirect, 'end around' approaches.

Sure, you'll never see John Wayne or James Bond admit they would benefit from more social interaction. Though perhaps not 'sexy,' realizing that maybe being a 'one-man show' isn't all it's cracked up to be will really help.

This approach (people helping each other, 'social support,' 'sponsorship') is one of the reasons for the success of powerful approaches to overcoming addictions like alcoholism.

Give it a good try until it works. Then keep doing it. Note: expect your head to tell you this 'touchy-feely' stuff is bunk. Do it anyway, and it will build on itself. "Fake it 'till you make it!"

There is strength (power) in numbers.

Overkill, are you the same person who posts as "Overkill" on the BJ21 free forum? Are you originally from the Midwest?

Yes, one and the same.

I am from Florida but now live in Missouri.

I live in MO too but I have little interest in making connections. The one time I tried, the guy came to play with just $200, lost it, kept asking me for $$, lost and never repaid me.

There are a few I would like to meet out of curiosity (been on the forum with me, helped me both, by humiliating me or being supportive or both) but they live elsewhere.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I live in MO too but I have little interest in making connections. The one time I tried, the guy came to play with just $200, lost it, kept asking me for $$, lost and never repaid me.

Expose the parasitic leech.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Expose the parasitic leech.
    I dunno, sounds like the guy was the ultimate AP...freerolling off of someone is an AP move, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nighterfighter View Post
    I dunno, sounds like the guy was the ultimate AP...freerolling off of someone is an AP move, right?
    Fucking leeches like this need to be exposed. Being considered as a parasitic fucking leech wouldnot be construed as an AP move.

Quote Originally Posted by nighterfighter View Post
    Wrong. Theft is theft.

There have been a number of APs over the years who have borrowed money or shared bankroll and stolen from other players. The well-known ones, who ripped off people for tens of thousands, that come to mind are Darren, Iheart... from BJ21 about 10 years ago, and ripped off a number of people; and JWT who is a chameleon of identities and continues to rip people off with tales of selling good plays.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast