Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
Zee
Actually, for a person who has a bloated bankroll for the stakes played, you have a really good strategy, but a real lousy execution.

First, let’s fix your spread, especially since you have to compensate for raising your bets in a minus count. First, your game likely has a .5% edge at +1, and your jump to $25 is fine. And then, you jump to $75 at+2, which is great - you’ve tripled your bet, though you’ve only doubled your edge to 1% (helps compensate for raising bets in a losing range). Then, you’ve slowed down your ramp to $100 at + 3 to a 33% growth, while your operating margin has increased 50% over +2 - a clear underbet. And then you max out at $150, a 1-6 spread for anything at +4 and over. Think about this and rethink your ramp.

This really restricts your profitability. Once in a while, Ill play a $10 min shoe game. I’ll play $25 off the top, dropping to whatever I feel like in neg counts worse than -2, jump all around in questionable marginal counts, and then really jam it - likely changing bets by the hand. I’ll get up to 250 to 400 (400 rare at $10 game). The strategy will reduce SCORE, but is highly effective and profitable, compensated by huge effective true spread.
Why, just so very very recently, I played such a $10 min shoe game, with $15 or $20 off the top, raising in negative counts, jumping all over in marginal counts, maxing out at 2x250.

I’m pleased to say the Huns nicely contributed to my personal AP relief Fund. Zee, yo7 have the bankroll to fool around like this..