See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Picks 2019

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    .................................................. .

this is a kind of interesting (to me) rule interpretation for when a secondary guy intercepts in the end zone and is then tackled in the end zone - it happened in the Falcons game - I didn't know all this:

"The short answer is that the team that threw the interception is awarded 2 points for a safety, and the intercepting team must kick the ball to the team that threw the interception.
    However, it is not always as simple as that:

• If the player making the interception catches the ball in the end zone, where he either takes a knee or is tackled, then his team is awarded a touchback and takes possession at their own 20-yard line.
      • However, if the interceptor made the interception in the end zone, carries the ball outside the end zone only to back into it again, where he is tackled or takes a knee, then the team that threw the interception receives the 2 points for the safety and the kickoff.

• If the player making the interception catches the ball outside the end zone, then the referees must determine whether the momentum of the interceptor carried him into the end zone or not.
      • If momentum carried the interceptor into the end zone, then his team is awarded a touchback.
      • If the interceptor made the interception outside the end zone but gave ground to the point where he was tackled in the end zone, then the team that threw the interception receives the 2 points for the safety and the kickoff."

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-i...ety-in-the-NFL
    90% of the game is half mental

Besides trying to middle the side on tonight's game, I do have a definitive opinion on the total. I'm on Under 45. The Browns final score last week was misleading, IMO. In the gamebook for the first half, they allowed under 5 YPP and limited Mariota to just 8 of 18. But the penalties and expectations got to them late, allowing 21 points in the 4th quarter when it looked like they gave up. A pick 6 and 75 yard pass play accounted for two of the 3 TDs. With a backup QB, have to figure the Jets will already be on the conservative side. I expect a full game focused effort by Cleve defensively with the national TV cameras on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDownSoft21 View Post
    Besides trying to middle the side on tonight's game, I do have a definitive opinion on the total. I'm on Under 45. The Browns final score last week was misleading, IMO. In the gamebook for the first half, they allowed under 5 YPP and limited Mariota to just 8 of 18. But the penalties and expectations got to them late, allowing 21 points in the 4th quarter when it looked like they gave up. A pick 6 and 75 yard pass play accounted for two of the 3 TDs. With a backup QB, have to figure the Jets will already be on the conservative side. I expect a full game focused effort by Cleve defensively with the national TV cameras on them.
    Under was never threatened. I suspected even if Semien was able to stay in the game, it wouldn't have mattered. Small sample size factoid: 12 of the 15 week 2 games went under the total.

Blog Entries

.................................................. ...

last week - 2-2-1...................total.....................4-2-1

Week 3:

RAMS - 3 over browns............................MGM

PACKERS -7.5 over broncos

Blog Entries

one more pick week 3:

TEXANS + 3 over chargers.................................... even money at William Hill & C.G Technology & Circa Sports

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post

Week 3:

RAMS - 3 over browns............................MGM

PACKERS -7.5 over broncos
    Like both of these picks

Blog Entries

everyone is talking about the 2 giant spreads in the NFL on Sunday

today, Alabama is favored by 39 over Southern Miss.......................................

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-time-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post

everyone is talking about the 2 giant spreads in the NFL on Sunday

today, Alabama is favored by 39 over Southern Miss.......................................

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-time-preview/
    Cover!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    Cover!
    What the hell are you even posting about in the General Blackjack forum?

Carolina, searching for their first 'W', got great news this week when Cam was ruled out....he WAS pathetic against the Bucs last Thurs night at one point he was 19-42 and missed several wide open receivers and missed them by a 'barn'...while the CARDS may have the better, more electrifying QB...I like the other matchups...take the PANTHERS +2 for today's play

Good luck,

Sharky

Last week: 1-0
    Season: 1-1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast