Thread: Is your youth the best time to count cards?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is your youth the best time to count cards?

For a young person that doesn't have a family or too many commitments, wouldn't card counting be a career that's superior to other careers in terms of making money and freedom?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Freedom yes. Money, maybe, but probably not if you don’t have 100k or so saved up already. Depends on your employable skills and monthly living expenses I guess.

It takes money to make money fits in blackjack as much as anything else so if you’re not having to take out of your bankroll for general living expenses that would be helpful, without a lot of capital the guy playing full time might make less from blackjack than the committed weekend warrior with a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by TAGR View Post
    For a young person that doesn't have a family or too many commitments, wouldn't card counting be a career that's superior to other careers in terms of making money and freedom?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    NO

It all depends what your qualifications are. If you have a degree in a field where there's a nice starting salary, such as engineering, the answer is no. If you have a professional or post-graduate degree, the answer's no. If you currently work at Wal mart of McDonalds, the answer is yes.

I believe people who look young get more heat than an older person; that was the case for me.