Thread: can someone sim this correctly if its even possible?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

can someone sim this correctly if its even possible?

long story short, i was playing bj at a private property and i think they might cheat on the deck they were playing with.

rules are 6d, s17, no rsa, double any 2 cards, split up to twice(3 hands total), bj pays 3 to 2, no insurance, late surrender, about 83% pen.

first time playing here, my bankroll were $2000, was planning to spread aggressively since i dont plan to come back.

my spread was

1 or below = $10
    2 = $80
    3 = $120
    4 = $160
    5 = $200
    6 = $240
    7 = $280
    8 = $320
    9 = $360
    10 = $400
    11 = $440
    12 = $480

i was just scouting around for an hour when i first arrived, then started playing using zen with some indexes. i lost the whole $2000 on my first 30 hands, didnt even go through half of the deck. the count went up high for the first 10 hands which made me bet $200-$300.

can someone sim this correctly though? is this even mathematically possible?

Sounds like a trick question.

You are going to get the usual answer, that it’s too small a sample, that it’s just variance, or that you lose a lot in high positive counts. I think your ramp is too much. You ought to keep a max bet of $200 regardless of count and that max bet should be hit at a TC of +5 or so just like you have it. It helps with the swings.

since you lost the “whole $2000”, I should point out that your max bet has no business being over $200. I think what you did was “go on tilt”. I once had about that much when I started a session ($2000) and in that very first shoe, count was up when I split a pair of 6’s against a 3 with a bet of $120 (or so, forgot exact amount) ended up getting four 6,s or four hands, doubled 2 of those and lost all of them. I was broke for the session less than 10 minutes into it.
    Last edited by ZeeBabar; 07-25-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Your roll was clearly insufficient for your ramp. Further, assuming .5 he, breakeven is +1 and +2 was 80, then +3 should have been 160. In other words, your ramp was far from optimal. Losing an insufficient bankroll was almost a given.

You’re saying the TC went up to +7 in the first 10 hands on a 6 decker... lets see if its possible

Assuming average 2.7 cards per player, we have 54 cards out (2.7 cards/round * 10 rounds * 2 players). Therefore the highest count possible (assuming you’re the luckiest guy in the world) would be RC= +54 (hi-lo) with 5 decks remaining, a TC of +9 if we floor. With Zen, 33% of low cards are marked +2, so the RC would increase by 133% = +72. TC = 14 in 10 hands. So to reach TC = +7, at least half the cards that came out would have to be positive and the other half neutral, or an even greater amount of low cards if we see any high cards. Pretty unlucky but possible.

We can confirm he was playing heads up because half the deck was used in 30 rounds. 156 cards in 3 decks, and 30 rounds 2.7 cards per player per round * 2 rounds = 162

You lost all your money because most of the beneficial high cards were in the bottom half of the deck. Now if they were there at all, I can’t say.

To confirm cheating, backcount and see if you can count more than 24 fives or 24 fours in the deck.

Unlucky.
    RoR after 30 rounds was below 1% (13% after 100 rounds)
    The ramp was correct, close to optimal for a 1-48 spread.

2019-07-25 17_37_46-Chapter X It! - Zen Original Full Indices.jpg

PS: my previous sims was dirty: deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by hwjman View Post
    i lost the whole $2000 on my first 30 hands

is this even mathematically possible?
    Betting $300 per hand with a 2k BR...
    Playing a single hand
    Single hand gets split twice (For a total of 3 hands)
    Double each of these hands
    Dealer beats all your hands
    NET LOSS $1,800 - ONE ROUND - 1 MINUTE

Assuming $300 per hand playing 2 hands...
    Splitting each hand once (Creates 2 hands on each spot for a total of 4 hands in total)
    Double each of these hands
    Dealer beats all your hands
    NET LOSS $2400 - ONE ROUND - 1 MINUTE

Keeping the same $300 per hand, 3 double downs that go the dealers way cost you $1800. If those 3 went your way it would net you $1,800. In total a $3600 SWING.

The value of a SINGLE card can cause massive BR swings. Variance is real. In the first two examples, a single card ( dealers made hand vs. bust hand ) is a $3600 swing and a $4800 swing. A 6 may make the dealers 21, a 7 may bust the dealers hand. A single card can have devastating results. Its like playing Russian Roulette instead of bullets you have the 6 of diamonds.

Absolutely
    Last edited by BankerCA; 07-25-2019 at 12:24 PM.

long story short, i was playing bj at a private property and i think they might cheat on the deck they were playing with.

rules are 6d, s17, no rsa, double any 2 cards, split up to twice(3 hands total), bj pays 3 to 2, no insurance, late surrender, about 83% pen.

first time playing here, my bankroll were $2000, was planning to spread aggressively since i dont plan to come back.

my spread was

1 or below = $10
    2 = $80
    3 = $120
    4 = $160
    5 = $200
    6 = $240
    7 = $280
    8 = $320
    9 = $360
    10 = $400
    11 = $440
    12 = $480

i was just scouting around for an hour when i first arrived, then started playing using zen with some indexes. i lost the whole $2000 on my first 30 hands, didnt even go through half of the deck. the count went up high for the first 10 hands which made me bet $200-$300.

can someone sim this correctly though? is this even mathematically possible?
    Do you know the difference between RC and TC?

Why would I sim this? Not a valid reason.

30 hands out of an N0 of likely >20,000 makes anything I tell you bullshit.

Fact is, you may have well asked why you flipped a coin 10 time and got 8 heads. Same problem, answer is because you did.

Now, does this mean those offering the game were not cheating?,No, but neither will it say they were. If you think they were, then don't play.

You are asking me to waste my time when you have already wasted yours.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

So, dealer has 6 up, I have 9,9 and my bet is $300.

I spilt, get a 9, I split, get a 9, I split, get a 9: now have four hands of 9 at $300 each (1200)

I get a 2, I double, I get another 2, I double, I get another 2, I double, I get another 2, I double: now have four hands of $600 = $2400

IT CAN HAPPEN, or any set of a myriad of others that have a similar impact.

Dealer makes 21, I lose all hands in ONE ROUND -$2,400.....now how big was your bankroll??

All the sims in the world will not save you from this event!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Do you know the difference between RC and TC?
    I believed it too but the simulation confirms that its ramp is not completely stupid for Zen