See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When to take a profit/loss and walk away from a shoe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Wow. I think I might have stumbled into the wrong forum - my apologies for that. I was under the impression that this was the 'general blackjack' forum, and not the 'expert level 50yrs experience and hold a maths PhD forum', the forum where you'll be met with condescending arseholes if you dare have any questions or feedback on anything you say, and they'll assume you're trying to teach them how to suck eggs.

For anyone that tried to help me in laymans terms - thank you for your help, and I'm grateful, as I'm not an expert with maths, I'm just a newbie starting out, trying to learn, trying to read, trying to understand what the terms all are and how to even play to a basic level. Your guidance is appreciated.

Don, for you, to be honest, bang it up your chute. You're quite obviously a very well versed expert in the field of card counting, I'm an expert in the field of my full time job, but I'd be pretty embarrassed if I spoke to people who are learning and asking basic questions like you did, you need to grow up. Seems you have excellent theoretical and academic skills, but next to no people skills or personality.

Peace

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by mors View Post
    Wow. I think I might have stumbled into the wrong forum - my apologies for that. I was under the impression that this was the 'general blackjack' forum, and not the 'expert level 50yrs experience and hold a maths PhD forum', the forum where you'll be met with condescending arseholes if you dare have any questions or feedback on anything you say, and they'll assume you're trying to teach them how to suck eggs.

For anyone that tried to help me in laymans terms - thank you for your help, and I'm grateful, as I'm not an expert with maths, I'm just a newbie starting out, trying to learn, trying to read, trying to understand what the terms all are and how to even play to a basic level. Your guidance is appreciated.

Don, for you, to be honest, bang it up your chute. You're quite obviously a very well versed expert in the field of card counting, I'm an expert in the field of my full time job, but I'd be pretty embarrassed if I spoke to people who are learning and asking basic questions like you did, you need to grow up. Seems you have excellent theoretical and academic skills, but next to no people skills or personality.

Peace
    You need a thick skin.
    What Don said was essentially - you’re asking for advice - you're getting excellent advice - you’re not getting the answers you want - you’re really prefer an answer that coincides with your preferred short term position, and you’re pissed because you’re not getting that answer.

He is also saying - do what you want, but long term play with short term strategy gets you to the poor house.

Don, just in case there is a comprehension issue on “bang it up your chute”, I believe he is inferring “stick it up your ass”

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You need a thick skin.
    What Don said was essentially - you’re asking for advice - you're getting excellent advice - you’re not getting the answers you want - you’re really prefer an answer that coincides with your preferred short term position, and you’re pissed because you’re not getting that answer.

He is also saying - do what you want, but long term play with short term strategy gets you to the poor house.

Don, just in case there is a comprehension issue on “bang it up your chute”, I believe he is inferring “stick it up your ass”
    Thanks for the translation. Wasn't needed! I just can't understand people like this. They make believe they're coming here for advice and to learn; they get excellent responses from a variety of people, all saying the same thing, and then they proceed to explain to us why we're missing the point and why their personal experience is at odds with our advice. Sad.

Norm's signature line is the perfect final comment for this: "It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows."

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Thanks for the translation. Wasn't needed!
    Don,

You are really going to let Freightman's "inferring" get by unscathed?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    Don,

Read the last paragraph of post 15. Then, maybe, you will understand.

LOL. I was just messing with Don.

I understand the reference. I was referring to your use of inferring vs. implying.

No, you're missing a simpler point: "inferring" should be "implying."

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    No, you're missing a simpler point: "inferring" should be "implying."

Don
    It’s a shanda

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/shanda

Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    Don,

Yeah, I saw it. So many errors, so little time!

Don

Typical response. You don't want to be helped. Enjoy insulting me. I didn't insult you. I told you a truth you didn't want to hear. Why come here soliciting advice only to ignore it? Answer: because you don't care what the right answer is. You want to tell us about your personal experiences, which are meaningless. What is the point? Do you want to know that what you're doing is wrong, or do you just want to talk? You don't have a question; rather you have a story to tell and you'd like everyone to give you permission to play the way you do. You don't need anyone's permission. Just continue to play your way and leave the rest of us alone.

Don

Comedian Ron White said it much better:

"You can't fix stupid."

"I can explain it to you, I just can't understand it for you"

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast