I'm a newbie'ish, just learning, so can play BS and count reasonably.
I understand the concept of wonging and the difference it can make to your EV. But, say for a minute you're not planning on wonging in/out based on the count, but you plan on exiting a shoe on x amount of profit or loss - do any of you do that? I understand you shouldn't play ideally when the count is bad, but say it's hovering in and out of being good (e.g TC 1.5-2 etc), is there a point you'd walk away with a profit or loss? The reason I ask is sometimes when I'm playing, I feel like I stay on a shoe too long, I might get upto say 10-20 units positive, when the count is good or borderline, keep playing and then end up losing virtually all my profits. Then there are other times when the count is good, I ramp my bets accordingly, but miss all the cards and it goes against me, and my stack gets decimated - so I feel like I've maybe stayed too long in the action there too.

Should I play with like a stop loss one way, and then walk away the other side when I've made x amount of profit, or even ramp back down my bets? I know some might say you should always keep playing when the count is positive, but sometimes I've played (mainly on Verite) by doing this I've gone completely through my session bankroll in a couple of minutes after being considerably up and staying in a positive count.

Any thoughts appreciated