Thread: Excerpt from facial recognition article

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Excerpt from facial recognition article

From an article in our local newspaper. Note - Axon was the label on a surveillance photo of a picture shown to me of myself during a recent 86. Word for word as printed.

Meanwhile, the head of the continent’s top supplier of body cameras, Axon, announced
    last week that facial recognition will not be used in its devices, Washington Post reported.

Axon convened an independent board last year assessing the possibility and ethical costs of facial recognition, with the board finding ”facial recognition technology is not currently reliable enough to ethically justify its use”.

The primary concerns were bias and inaccuracy and, according to the board report, the system demonstrated implicit biases making them less accurate for people of colour, women and children.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    From an article in our local newspaper. Note - Axon was the label on a surveillance photo of a picture shown to me of myself during a recent 86. Word for word as printed.

Meanwhile, the head of the continent’s top supplier of body cameras, Axon, announced
    last week that facial recognition will not be used in its devices, Washington Post reported.

Axon convened an independent board last year assessing the possibility and ethical costs of facial recognition, with the board finding ”facial recognition technology is not currently reliable enough to ethically justify its use”.

The primary concerns were bias and inaccuracy and, according to the board report, the system demonstrated implicit biases making them less accurate for people of colour, women and children.
    Unreliable, unethical, and biased? You know Vegas is gonna snatch this up and waste shareholder dollars to justify stopping a red-chipper from making less than min wage at blackjack!

What's the cost of these systems and what is the cost of a proficient green-chipper in Vegas?