Hi, I'm pretty new to BJ and enjoy just playing recreationally and I'm under no illusion of making serious money.

I've recently started counting and am going through the usual practise drills, and I'm there or thereabouts as basic strategy. I've been using KO/REKO as an unbalanced count whilst starting out to avoid doing a TC conversion whilst I get better at everything.

Now, my question. Quite a lot of live online BJ here in the uk is using a shoe, not a CSM or a virtual random number generator etc. But as advised everywhere, the penetration is really bad like 50% and the game is pretty slow going. BUT, if you're using an unbalanced count, then should you be worried about penetration? For example, if the RC using KO/REKO goes high where you should start multiplying your stakes, but you're only say 5 hands into a 6deck shoe, then the high cards 'could' be anywhere in the 5.5 decks remaining, so why does it matter where the cut off is? With KO it says you raise your bets there and then regardless, but with a balanced count like HiLo, then you have to take into account decks remaining to get your TC, not so with KO or an unbalanced count.
So, should you be worried about rubbish penetration on an online game if using an unbalanced count?

I know it's not advised to play online games as they have terrible penetration, are slow, and may be paying 6:5 etc. I'm just curious to whether penetration is such a big factor with unbalanced with no TC as it is for a balanced like HiLo that uses a TC conversion.

Maths ninjas please feel free to come in and correct me where I 'm going wrong.

Thanks for any help