See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card Counting Indices

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What's new?

One thing that is grossly misunderstood is BJ indices. One thing that is massively misunderstood is copyright. Which is why some idiots end up behind bars -- like the founders of Pirate Bay who all still claim they broke no laws after losing in something like seven courts.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

The moderator of that site evidentially deleted page 3 from the thread, so I deleted my above post.

Blog Entries

There was a massive internet problem worldwide this morning involving at least the DNS servers at Google, Amazon, and Cloudshare that affected tens of millions of sites and users. Had to change my PC settings to even get to the net. I think there is a bit of a hangover screwing with some sites.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    The moderator of that site evidentially deleted page 3 from the thread, so I deleted my above post.
    Guess you weren't referring to the ramblings of the mentally ill guy who posts to himself, as that site has no moderator, nor any active members
    Sounds like you have too much free time on your hands, Bosox.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    There was a massive internet problem worldwide this morning involving at least the DNS servers at Google, Amazon, and Cloudshare that affected tens of millions of sites and users. Had to change my PC settings to even get to the net. I think there is a bit of a hangover screwing with some sites.
    I had no problems this morning. Think it came from Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Norm I messed that one up, as the site has two active threads basically on the same subject and I looked on the wrong one.
    Last edited by BoSox; 06-24-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Guess you weren't referring to the ramblings of the mentally ill guy who posts to himself, as that site has no moderator, nor any active members
    Sounds like you have too much free time on your hands, Bosox.

I had no problems this morning. Think it came from Iran?
    US favorite pastime. Incessantly demonize Iran for any reason.

Blog Entries

For those interested, it was a Border Gateway Protocol Route Leak. Drove me crazy this morning. Rumor is that it was a configuration error made by a small company in PA that caused traffic to be mistakenly routed to Verizon meant for other locations; but I have my doubts about that. It took down a popular Cloudflare DNS server 1.1.1.1 that I use. An hour later, I saw it take down 8.8.8.8 which is Google's DNS server. I didn't see it, but I hear it took down Amazon's AWS DNS server. Whatever the cause -- it shows how vulnerable the 'net is. Access was affected even in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Speaking of which the smart guy over there shared some of his wisdom with this tidbit today:

" Is there an Algebra teaches or whiz out there? "

"Okay, so here is what we know. Assuming the first round of the deck. There are 16 cards that improve a 16. "

I laughed my ass off at the single deck wizard.
    Last edited by BoSox; 06-24-2019 at 07:37 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Speaking of which the smart guy over there shared some of his wisdom with this tidbit today:

" Is there an Algebra teaches or whiz out there? "

"Okay, so here is what we know. Assuming the first round of the deck. There are 16 cards that improve a 16. "

I laughed my ass off at the single deck wizard.
    I always thought 20 cards improve a 16. Looks like our island friend isn't counting the Ace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12