See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Side bets

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Side bets

    The casino I played last week was offering the following side bets.

    http://www.ukcasinotablegames.info/b...fectpairs.html

    The second one is 21+3 in the site. BJ game was 6 decks and 50-55 percent penetration, hence pay table2 for perfect pairs. I have a feeling these bets are beatable but how?
    Last edited by skeptic; 05-23-2019 at 05:41 AM.

  2. #2


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    skeptic,

    These two sidebets are not "beatable" in a practical sense: you'd do much better by ignoring these sidebets and simply counting cards.

    However, if you want more information, here's a place to get started on the 21+3 bet:

    https://www.888casino.com/blog/side-...kjack-side-bet

    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    21+3 is beatable with a team of 4, each member tracking a suit for a flush hit.

    perfect pairs beatable in very high counts when there are an excess of high cards, but you're never going to get there in such a portly cut game.

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    skeptic,

    These two sidebets are not "beatable" in a practical sense: you'd do much better by ignoring these sidebets and simply counting cards.

    However, if you want more information, here's a place to get started on the 21+3 bet:

    https://www.888casino.com/blog/side-...kjack-side-bet

    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand
    A favour Doghand, if you don’t mind. Effect on house house edge when suited 21 payout is reduced from 15-1 to 10-1. Thanks

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    skeptic,

    These two sidebets are not "beatable" in a practical sense: you'd do much better by ignoring these sidebets and simply counting cards.

    However, if you want more information, here's a place to get started on the 21+3 bet:

    https://www.888casino.com/blog/side-...kjack-side-bet

    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand
    Thanks DH. Unfortunately I can not access 888casino sites from my location. My paper napkin computations indicate that perfect pair bet house edge increases with decreasing deck count, and decreases with decreasing deck size. As an example if you knew all face cards had been already dealt player edge becomes better than 10 percent (admittadly low probabibility). I need to simulate it somehow to get odds distribution towards the end of the game.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    The casino I played last week was offering the following side bets.

    http://www.ukcasinotablegames.info/b...fectpairs.html

    The second one is 21+3 in the site. BJ game was 6 decks and 50-55 percent penetration, hence pay table2 for perfect pairs. I have a feeling these bets are beatable but how?
    There is an extreme version of 21+3 called Top 3. The payout is 270:1, 180:1 and 90:1. According to some reputable BJ forum, it is beatable when TC is extremely high or extremely low (super negative). You don't need additional side count. Just use your accounting system as usual, like Zen or Hi-Lo.

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    A favour Doghand, if you don’t mind. Effect on house house edge when suited 21 payout is reduced from 15-1 to 10-1. Thanks
    Freightman,

    What sidebet do you mean... Lucky Lucky? In this thread we were discussing Perfect Pairs and 21+3.

    Dog Hand

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Thanks DH. Unfortunately I can not access 888casino sites from my location. My paper napkin computations indicate that perfect pair bet house edge increases with decreasing deck count, and decreases with decreasing deck size. As an example if you knew all face cards had been already dealt player edge becomes better than 10 percent (admittadly low probabibility). I need to simulate it somehow to get odds distribution towards the end of the game.
    skeptic,

    I'm on the road right now. I'll work on this after I get back home.

    Dog Hand

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Freightman,

    What sidebet do you mean... Lucky Lucky? In this thread we were discussing Perfect Pairs and 21+3.

    Dog Hand
    Yes, sorry. Lucky lucky.

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Yes, sorry. Lucky lucky.
    Freightman,

    For a 6D game, the WoO gives these returns for Lucky²:

    https://wizardofodds.com/games/black...s/lucky-lucky/

    So, if S21 pays 10 instead of 15, the return for S21 is reduced by ?: -?*0.079492 = -0.0265...

    Since the normal EV is -0.026556, the effect of shorting the S21 pay from 15 to 10 gives a new EV of about -0.0530..., or roughly double the house edge.

    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Side Bets
    By Captain Jack in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-31-2017, 12:21 PM
  2. Side bets
    By JPhoenixX in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.