I had become a member of BJA. I found the forum full of enthusiastic young card counters (some old but new) who had joined BJA, many attended and were planning to attend the boot camps and such.

I started expressing my view and telling the posters who posted that perhaps they were too enthusiastic, to look at card counting as a way to stay even, perhaps earn a bit and supplement their income. I told some young newbie winners that variance will eventually bring them down to earth. I told others that it's a mistake to seek it as a full time career, that those who had made it a career were very talented people more akin to pro ball players. This went on for about 8-10 months with me responding to a posting about once a week. Unlike here, I never started a thread (except once).

All I was against was the idea that young people should consider it a full time career, that the odds were not good. Some thought I was being disrespectful to Colin (I was not) and I pointed out that good as he well may be, that one cannot get the best coach in the world and be very successful. I said its similar to someone looking at Golf pros and thinking that with the right coach they may become one but the reality is that many will end up failing, still others may end up becoming assistant coaches at high schools, some may get gigs as folf pros at local golf clubs and such.

I think I offended Colin or might be he thought I was hurting his business. In any case, here is the email I received from Colin followed by a refund of my membership.

"I've decided to refund and cancel your Membership. I've come to the conclusion that you are not a good fit for the values, culture, and general expectations of respect and goodwill that I want to foster at BJA.

I'm sure you're not going to see it that way, but at the end of the day there are just too many things in my opinion that are disrespectful to the Pros at BJA.

Best regards moving forward."

And my reply..

"I understand.

Perhaps poorly but the point I was making, always, was that learning from you and the services you provide can be immensely helpful to most people simply because they can help a person get comps, at minimum stay even and perhaps win some money. I simply objected to people assuming they can be full time pros giving up other careers.

In any case, so be it.

Warm regards,"

In any case, it is what it is.