See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind the cut card

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Behind the cut card

Hi everyone,

Let's say that at every shuffle i can see one or two "little"cards in a particular section of the shoe. If i manage to put that particular section behind the cut card, will the house edge be reduced?

For example the EOR of a 5 in a 6 deck shoe is 0.14%, so if i (ipothetically) always get to put behind the cut card, out of the game, at least a 5, will the initial house edge of the game dimunuish by 0,14%?

Thanks in advance

The answer is yes to each question you asked.

Don

Wow thanks Don...I didn't realize cutting out only one small card was that powerful. Good reminder to always watch for that bottom card before cutting...you can sometimes see it quite often.

What would the EOR of one 5 card be for a double deck game?

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    What would the EOR of one 5 card be for a double deck game?
    Depends on the rules: S/H17, (n)DAS, (n)RSA, (n)Surr?

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    Depends on the rules: S/H17, (n)DAS, (n)RSA, (n)Surr?
    Double deck H17, NDAS, NRSA, NS

From MGP's BJCA:

2D, H17, nDAS, nRSA, nSurr

EOR[5 | CD]: 0.369046556752049%
    EOR[5 | TD (Fixed Forced Strategy)]: 0.363100048705185%

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    From MGP's BJCA:

2D, H17, nDAS, nRSA, nSurr

EOR[5 | CD]: 0.369046556752049%
    EOR[5 | TD (Fixed Forced Strategy)]: 0.363100048705185%
    Wow thanks dogman_1234...I knew it was powerful, but never knew it was so much.
    And what is MGP's BJCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Wow thanks dogman_1234...I knew it was powerful, but never knew it was so much.
    And what is MGP's BJCA?

https://github.com/mustgoplay/MGPs-BJ-CA

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Cutting one small card out of play is valuable, but not as valuable as cutting one big card to a specific 1/4 deck segment which is not nearly as valuable as cutting a 10 to be the 26th card out of the shoe which is not nearly as valuable as cutting an Ace to be the 26th card out of the shoe. Play the right number of spots and make the right number of hits to make sure the Ace lands on your hand. 50%+ advantage. Make damn sure it doesn't land on the dealers hand.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The answer is yes to each question you asked.

Don
    Thanks Don! Can we also say that the opposite is true? That is if i place an ace( EOR of 0,09%) in the playeble part of the shoe(without knowing the exact location of it) the house edge will be reduced by 0,09%?

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
    Cutting one small card out of play is valuable, but not as valuable as cutting one big card to a specific 1/4 deck segment which is not nearly as valuable as cutting a 10 to be the 26th card out of the shoe which is not nearly as valuable as cutting an Ace to be the 26th card out of the shoe. Play the right number of spots and make the right number of hits to make sure the Ace lands on your hand. 50%+ advantage. Make damn sure it doesn't land on the dealers hand.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's true! But it also requires a higher level of skills. Whereas almost everybody can manage to put a small card behind the cut card effortlessly

If you drill holes in the center of cards and/or cut the corners off of the cards that they take out of their regular rotation to prevent cheating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast