Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about the summer of 2020 as this summer is just about over. At least in the U.P. it is, as I have already turned the heat back on. A few days ago we had lows in the upper forties.

Anyway, as far as the U.P. goes, you won't find any large cities. A better word might be some large towns to visit although they are technically cities. The population of the entire U.P. is less than 312,000, and that is about 5 times more than the population of Greenland.

Now here is a suggestion for you. The U.P. is a great place to visit in the summer time. It is about a days drive north from Chicago. In the western U.P. there are the Porcupine Mountains and Lake of the Clouds. In the far northern U.P. you can find Copper Harbor and Brockway Mountain Drive. In the eastern U.P. around Munising are the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. If you keep going east you then have Tahquamenon Falls and eventually Sault St Marie and the Soo Locks. Might want to go down and see the big Mac Bridge and take a trip to Mackinaw Island. You could then cross over into Canada at the Soo and continue your journey east thru Canada.
I'm originally from MI. I drove up to Houghton many years ago. Very nice drive and experience. I remember driving through a town called Christmas town where I think they actually celebrated Christmas 24/7. I will never forget the pictures showing plowed snow up to the top of telephone poles.